Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is a perfect mix of flavor. Moist cake filled with mini chocolate chips and topped with a peanut butter glaze.
Peanut butter and chocolate, I mean is there a better flavor combination!? I always gravitate to any dessert with these two ingredients. This peanut butter chocolate chip bundt cake is no exception. I am drooling just thinking about having a piece.
Growing up my mom always had some sort of delicious sweet treat in the house. She loved to bake and my sister and I were lucky enough to enjoy her creations. One of our favorite cakes she would bake is a chocolate chip bundt cake. I still remember the excitement I felt coming home from school and seeing that cake on the counter.
A fun fact about my mom, she does not like peanut butter. We never really had it growing up, I KNOW, so crazy! I on the other hand, I absolutely LOVE peanut butter, especially just right out of the jar. But I REALLY love peanut butter and chocolate together. That is how I came up with this cake. Adding some creamy peanut butter into the cake batter and topping it with a peanut butter glaze took this recipe to a new level.
This bundt cake starts with a simple yellow cake mix and a package of chocolate pudding. It is made extra moist and delicious from the addition of sour cream and then a nice dollop of creamy peanut butter. Once the batter is made, stir in mini chocolate chips and then bake for one hour. After the cake has cooled it is topped with a simple peanut butter glaze and then a few more mini chocolate chips for good measure.
If I had to choose a favorite cake it would be this one. If you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter like me, definitely give this recipe a try. And if you love bundt cakes, this Apricot Nectar Cake is another great one. Hope you enjoy!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare bundt pan by greasing with shortening and dust with flour.
- Using a mixer, beat together cake mix, pudding mix, sugar, water, oil and eggs.
- Add peanut butter and mix until combined.
- With a spatula, stir in sour cream and mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
For the glaze:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Remove cake from oven and cool for at least 20 minutes. Turn cake onto serving plate and drizzle glaze over top of the cake. Finish by sprinkling 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips over the glaze.
You might also like: