Simple and delicious these Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are a family favorite that are as tasty as they are quick to whip up!
I’m a sucker for anything chocolate. Am I alone in that? And if you add a little peanut butter, it becomes that much more delicious.
When I’m trying to fall asleep at night, I come up with some pretty delicious, and sometimes bizarre, recipe ideas. The idea for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins was one of those ideas.
Chocolate Muffin Recipe
Muffins are one of my favorite snacks to have on hand. In the afternoon I often need a little pick me up and it’s bonus points if is chocolate and peanut butter. I love my Reese’s zucchini muffins and decided I needed another muffin recipe that included peanut butter. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins fit the bill, are easy to make and a great snack.
One Bowl Muffins
When I’m making an afternoon snack I want to make sure it doesn’t make a big mess. It’s no fun to have a mess to clean up right before I start making dinner. These muffins can be made in one bowl.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
The recipe makes twelve regular sized muffins. I have yet to try making them as mini muffins but I imagine they would be just as delicious, with less peanut butter per muffin, and would probably make about 24 muffins.
- Start off by mixing all of your dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix everything together. Then fold in the chocolate chips. Note: In the recipe I said to do 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips. I also tried it with more and found the problem to be that all of the chocolate chips sank to the bottom of the muffins. If you want more chocolate chips then I would recommend sprinkling them on top of the batter after it is scooped. But if you like the bottom of your muffin to be full of chocolate chips I found out it’s pretty delicious when warmed up.
- After you mix all of your ingredients together, scoop the batter into a muffin tin lined with paper liners. Then put your dollops of peanut butter into the center of each muffin. It will sink slightly down.
- Bake the muffins at 375º Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes or until a fork comes out clean. You can enjoy these muffins warm and save the leftovers to warm up later.
How to Rewarm Muffins
Just pop one in the microwave for about 10 seconds (give or take depending on your microwave) and you’ll have a warm, chocolate and peanut butter afternoon snack.
Can you make these muffins without peanut butter?
Yes! If you aren’t a peanut butter lover or have a family member with an allergy you can also make these muffins without peanut butter. You can also add any other type of nut butter that you like.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter- 1/2 Tablespoon per muffin
- Preheat your oven to 375 and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients and mix together until just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans about 2/3 full.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter per muffin and dollop it in the center of the muffin batter on each muffin.
- Bake on 375º Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from muffin tin and enjoy!
Other Chocolate Peanut Butter Desserts
Love desserts? Me too! Check out a few of my other favorite recipes that have chocolate or peanut butter!