These magic bars are a Christmas version of everyone’s favorite…S’mores! You’ll love the combination of marshmallows, chocolate and peppermint in these simple, yet festive Peppermint S’more Magic Bars. Beware…they won’t last long!
Peppermint S’more Magic Bars
This is about the time of year when you start christmas shopping, baking, and decorating your house. Christmas time is so magical, don’t you think? You get all ready, hanging stockings right after Thanksgiving, baking for a whole 2 month, and your tongue is dry from sealing shut all those christmas cards. Then Christmas day comes and goes so fast that you wonder if it really happened,and how it happened in one big flash- and all of the sudden it’s January. I love every moment of it though- don’t you?
I had never heard about magic bars until last weekend- what a perfect time to taste your first magic bar! This particular flavor is Peppermint S’more Magic Bars. I love the way the peppermint mixes in with the marshmallows and chocolate, and the bottom tastes like the richest brownie. I think I have found a new favorite dessert! That’s good…..sort of:)
When we started to make the bars, I didn’t know how they would turn out. Graham crackers and condensed milk????? I thought it would be kind of crunchy, and I don’t like marshmallows very much, either. Well, I like marshmallows in things. But I think they’re too sweet to be eaten all by themselves. The little bars just came together into this amazing, chocolaty-mint brownie bar. Almost like magic.
I didn’t mention they were easy to make, did I? You just lay the crushed graham crackers out, bake for a bit, pour condensed milk on it, bake for a bit more, then add everything else and bake once more, just until marshmallows are gooey. The hardest part in this is the waiting. Trust me, when it comes to baking, I am not very patient. So hurry up! The faster you get them made, the faster you can eat them all!
Items Needed to Make Magic Bars
Peppermint S'more Magic Bars
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Kraft Peppermint Marshmallows
- 1 3/4 cups Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together. Press the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour the condensed milk evenly over the graham cracker crust. Put the pan back into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until it is golden and bubbly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immedietly sprinkle the marshmallows, Andes mints and chocolate chips on top.
- Put the pan back in the oven for one last time, baking for just 3 minutes until the marshmallows start melting.
- Once the magic bars have cooled to room temperature, put them into the refrigerator to set for about 30 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Drizzle the melted chocolate over top the magic bars. Cut into squares or bars.