Magic Cookie Bars just got a Fall time makeover! With a buttery Oreo cookie crust, and pumpkin spiced chewy filling, these Pumpkin Spice Oreo Magic Cookie Bars will always go faster than pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin Spice Oreo Magic Cookie Bars
Magic Cookie Bars…meet pumpkin! These easy layered chocolate bars have an Oreo crust, coconut, nuts, and you guessed it…pumpkin spice. These make a great bake-sale treat or a fall party dessert. Watch them disappear!
What are magic cookie bars?
Magic bars are a classic baked dessert that are made of several layers that are “glued” together with sweetened condensed milk. You’ll find magic bars with butterscotch, coconut, white chocolate chips, fruit…you name it, there is most likely a recipe out there for it! Magic cookie bars are known for being easy, sweet and delicious.
Pumpkin Spice Oreo Bars
For these Pumpkin Spice Oreo Magic Cookie Bars, I used crushed Oreos instead of graham crackers for the base, and blended some pumpkin puree and spices into the sweetened condensed milk. It created a subtle pumpkin flavor that’s not overpowering. I’ve had people who don’t love pumpkin think these bars were delicious. The chocolate is definitely the hero of this recipe, and that pumpkin spice just adds a touch of fall flavor.
Tips for Making Magic Cookie Bars
- Be sure to line your pan with foil or parchment paper, then also spray the bottom and sides of the lining with cooking spray. Both of these steps will ensure your cookie bars will come out cleanly.
- We used traditional chocolate Oreos for the base of these cookies. There are always new flavors of Oreos to try…if you think a flavor would pair with pumpkin spice, try them in these magic bars!
- After all of the layers are in, press down firmly so that all of the layers get compacted together. The sweetened condensed milk will help hold the bars together.
- Wait to cut the bars until they are completely cool. They are a little messy, but allowing them to cool helps!
Other Cookie Bar Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate M&M Bars
- Butterscotch Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Butterscotch Magic Bars
With a buttery Oreo cookie crust and pumpkin spiced chewy filling, these Pumpkin Spice Oreo Magic Cookie Bars will always go faster than pumpkin pie!
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and grease or line a 9x13 inch baking pan with foil.
- In a food processor, blend the oreo cookies into a fine crumbs. Mix the oreo crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, and spices until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin condensed milk over the oreo crust.
- Sprinkle with nuts and coconut and lastly chocolate chips.
- Push toppings gently down with a fork.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to completely cool before slicing.