You know how much we like potato chips in our baked goods around here. Remember our cookies and chocolate chip pie? There’s just something about that sweet and salty combination that we just can’t stay away from.
When I saw these White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s® a few weeks ago in the store, I knew I had to get them. They’re just so festive! Normally I’m not a huge fan of white chocolate, but I had the perfect idea for the white chocolate M&M’s.
These White Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars start off with our Potato Chip Cookie dough recipe. Just try to keep from sneaking too much of this cookie dough. It’ll be rough. This cookie dough is the best!
After you spread the cookie dough in the bottom of an 8×8 pan, you’ll sprinkle a whole bag of White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s® on top. Press down on them just ever so slightly so they’ll bake into the cookie bars.
Lastly, sprinkle chopped macadamia nuts over the top.
Then you’ll pop these into a 350 degree oven and bake them for about 22 minutes.
Then comes the white chocolate drizzle. These bars are good enough on their own, but the white chocolate drizzle just puts them over the top good.
So good that I had to send the pan of cookie bars away as soon as I was done photographing them. You see, the kids were going to be gone that afternoon. And me, by myself, in a house with a pan of these salty & sweet treats? There was just no way I was going to be able to keep from downing the whole pan by myself. I’m thankful for Grandmas and Grandpas who are willing to take some of our goodies off our hands:)
And when you can’t find Candy Corn M&M’s anymore, no worries. Just use white chocolate chips!
A sweet & salty treat that is sure to please!
10 minPrep Time
22 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 bag (9.9oz) White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add in the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until just combined. Fold in the potato chips.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray. Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. Pour the bag of M&M's on top of the cookie dough. Press the M&M's slightly into the cookie dough. Sprinkle the macadamia nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes, or until the cookie is lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Do this slowly, as white chocolate can burn very quickly! Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the bars. Cut into squares and serve!