Nothing much beats fresh cookies from the oven chocolate chip cookies. Until, that is, my mom introduced me to a dessert called Chocolate Chip Pie.
Pie is one of my favorite desserts. Really, I just never get tired of homemade pies of any kind.
One of my college roommates introduced me to this quick and easy cookie pie. I’m one who often gets tired of scooping cookie dough onto cookie sheets. So when the cookie craving hits, this cookie pie is the perfect solution!
What we love about this pie recipe:
- It only takes 5 minutes to whip up.
- You can use a store bought crust if you’d like.
- Add any type of chocolate chips, toffee, pretzels, nuts….be creative!
- We added potato chips. Wait, what?? You read that right!
Potato chip cookies are some of our family’s favorite cookies so when I thought about chocolate chip pie, I just had to try crumbling in potato chips.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pie
First, the crust.
If you have a favorite pie crust recipe, use it in this recipe! You’ll just need a single pie shell. If you don’t want to make your own, buy an unbaked pie shell already in a pan or buy the rolls of pie dough and shape it into a pie plate. You might try my grandma’s pie crust or our whole wheat pie crust.
Second, the filling.
- To make this pie, you’ll first just beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Why do this? It helps the top of the pie have that crinkle top that you often find in brownies. We use the same mixing technique in our brownie recipe if you’d tried them.
- Then add in the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and the butter. The butter shouldn’t be melted at all. Just have it at room temperature.
- Add in the crushed potato chips and chocolate chips. You can also add in white chocolate, pretzels, toffee
Bake the pie at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 to 60 minutes.
How to Serve Chocolate Chip Pie
This pie is irresistible when served warm with a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle on caramel or hot fudge and add a sprinkling of nuts.
Looking for a birthday cookie treat? Swirl on some whipped cream and colorful sprinkles and eat as much as you want!
Can you freeze chocolate chip pie?
Yes! This pie freezes well. Make sure that you allow the pie to cool completely before you freeze. Wrap it in plastic wrap, then wrap again in foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
When you are ready to use it, allow it to defrost for 2-3 hours before cutting and serving.
How do you rewarm cookie pie?
The easiest way to rewarm this pie is simply by the slice in a microwave. If you’d like to warm it in the oven, cover it with foil and reheat for 5-8 minutes in a 350º Fahrenheit oven.
Chocolate Chip Pie with Potato Chips
- 1 9" unbaked unbaked pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your favorite unbaked pie shell in a 9" pie pan.
- Beat the eggs in your stand mixer until they are foamy.
- Add in the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Mix until just combined.
- Lastly, fold in the potato chips and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes at 325 degrees. Serve warm and enjoy!
Adapted from Nestle
Other Chocolate Chip Dessert Recipes
We love chocolate…do you? If so, these recipes are MUST-HAVES. They’re simply amazing!