Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of the classic must-have goodies in our house. Nothing much beats fresh cookies from the oven. Until, that is, my mom introduced me to something called Potato Chip Chocolate Pie.
A friend of my moms in college introduced her to a fine dessert called chocolate chip pie. And she waited way too long to introduce this to me.
To make this pie, you’ll first just beat up the eggs until light and fluffy. Then add in the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and the butter. Add in the crushed potato chips and chocolate chips.
For the pie shell, you can always buy a pie shell from the store, but homemade pie dough is always better and doesn’t take that much more time. Put the pie dough in a 9 inch pie pan. Then put in the filling inside the shell. Cook at 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.
That’s the kind of dessert I like. Easy, gooey, scrumptious pie.
Put on some whip cream and sprinkles and eat as much as you want! This pie has been calling my name all day.
Potato Chip Chocolate Pie
- 1 inch unbaked 9- deep-dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in your stand mixer until they are foamy.
- Add the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Mix until just combined.
- Lastly, add the potato chips and chocolate chips. Mix one last time.
- Put a pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan. Pour in the filling and cook for 55-60 minutes at 325 degrees. Enjoy!
Adapted from Nestle