Ultra soft and chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. These easy peanut butter cookies stay soft for days and freeze well. Add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or even butterscotch chips to this cookie recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
What makes the best cookie for you? For me, a cookie has to be soft and thick. Not cake-like, but rather a “chewy” texture. This peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe is the perfect cookie for me!
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
Some peanut butter cookies can be dry and crumbly but these cookies are soft, moist…and stay that way. The butter, peanut butter, 3 eggs and brown sugar all help to keep the cookies extra soft.
How to Keep Cookies Soft
The most important thing to remember if you’re wondering how to keep the cookies soft is to not overbake them. I always take the cookies out of the oven before they are browned at all. They’ll look slightly underdone. Allow them to cool completely on a wire rack before you package them.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
Because these chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are soft, they also freeze really well. You can read all about how to freeze cookies here.
Other Cookie Recipes
Tools to Make Cookies
- Stand Mixer: A hand mixer will work, but I always find it easier to make cookie doughs with a stand mixer.
- Beater Blade with Scraper: The best invention ever!
- Silpat: For all of your non-stick, cookie-making needs. This is in the top 3 must-have kitchen tools. I don’t know what I’d do without them!
- Baking Sheet: I like to use flat baking sheets for easy removing baked goods easily.
- Wire Cooling Racks: This will help your cakes cool more quickly.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for sprinkling
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add vanilla and mix. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to mixture in mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop (or whatever size scoop you'd like!) scoop the dough onto a non-stick baking mat.
- Use the tins of a fork to make a criss-cross pattern, pressing down into the cookie dough. Sprinkle extra white sugar on the tops of the cookies. Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes.
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes. If you like cookies to be soft, be sure not to overbake them. They shouldn't be browned at all.
- Store in an airtight container.
The calories shown are based on the recipe making 30 cookies, with 1 serving being 1 cookie. If you make the cookies smaller, they will have less calories. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.