These Triple Chocolate Fudge Muffins are loaded with cocoa powder, milk chocolate chunks and dark chocolate chunks. The coffee and the buttermilk in this recipe keeps the muffins incredibly tender.
Triple Chocolate Fudge Muffins
Let’s just say if you like chocolate & muffins – you and this recipe are going to be friends… like BEST friends.
I’m calling these muffins Triple Chocolate Fudge Muffins, because there really is no better way to describe them, and I really went all in with the chocolate in this recipe. I mean, is there any other way to go? I think not.
These muffins are loaded with cocoa powder, milk chocolate chunks and dark chocolate chunks … I have no regrets, because these muffins are sooooo amazingly chocolatey and fudgy, that it’s almost unfair. Unfair to my lack of self control when it comes to eating muffins that is.
Now I don’t know about you, but if there is one thing I just can’t take in life, it’s a dry, dense muffin. Do you know the kind I’m talking about? The kind that basically turn into little rocks after sitting on your counter for no more than thirty minutes.
Personally, I have had plenty of experience with dry muffins. I’ve tested what felt like a million muffin recipe variations before finally landing on a base recipe that always avoids the dry muffin woes – and these muffins are no exception.
The coffee and the buttermilk in this recipe keeps the muffins so incredibly tender, flavorful and moist that you might just end up becoming something of a muffin addict.
These muffins are my go-to recipe when I just need a little comfort on a rainy afternoon & I hope they can serve the same purpose for you and your family. Until next time, enjoy!
Triple Chocolate Fudge Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup coffee strongly brewed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees & line 2 muffin tins with 7 parchment muffin liners (spreading them out in the muffin tin) ** I find that spreading the muffins out into two pans helps them get a much better rise in the oven *
- In a small bowl, melt your butter in the microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugars, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, coffee, vanilla and eggs until combined. Pour in your melted butter in a steady stream, while simultaneously mixing until everything is incorporated together.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the well. Use a spatula to gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until the batter is just starting to come together.
- Add in the chocolate chunks and gently fold until just incorporated, being careful not to overmix your batter. It’s okay if you still have a few streaks of flour in your batter.
- Scoop the batter into your prepared muffin tins, filling each muffin liner right up to the top. Bake your muffins on the center rack of your oven for about 18-24 minutes or until the tops spring back up to the touch.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool for a few minutes before digging in! Store any leftovers in an air tight container for 4-5 days or freeze in a freezer safe bag.