These Raspberry Coconut Muffins are so easy to make! They are so moist, bursting with coconut flavor, and full of juicy raspberries.
I’m in love with raspberries at the moment and can’t wait for the summer months when fresh berries are in season again. But until then frozen raspberries are a great substitution that’s available all year round. So you could enjoy these muffins even in December!
Frozen raspberries are harvested ripe and are frozen immediately so they’re bursting with flavor and are great for baked goods like these muffins or my Lemon Raspberry Cake. I also like to use frozen raspberries to make my silky raspberry meringue buttercream for my Raspberry Lemon Curd Cupcakes. Frozen raspberries are definitely a staple in my freezer!
What makes these raspberry-filled muffins even tastier is the addition of coconut! The desiccated coconut gives these muffins a great texture and the coconut milk combined with the raspberries makes them so moist. You don’t even need butter or oil because of the coconut.
Making these muffins is super simple. You don’t need a stand mixer for this easy recipe, you just need one bowl, a spatula, and a flour sifter or fine-mesh strainer to sift the flour.
Start with combining the desiccated coconut and the coconut milk in a large bowl. You’ll add the other ingredients to this bowl later. After a few minutes, the shredded coconut will start to absorb the coconut milk.
Add the other wet ingredients and after they’re incorporated, sift the flour over the mixture. I always use a small mesh strainer for this and mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in the mesh strainer so I don’t need a second bowl.
Fold in the flour but don’t overmix the batter or your muffins will be dense. Then add the frozen raspberries (don’t defrost them!). You need to be very gentle when you fold them in or the raspberries will tint the batter pink.
These muffins won’t brown much, so it’s important to test with a skewer if they’re done. They took 30 minutes in my oven but every oven is different so I recommend to start checking after 20 minutes.
My Raspberry Coconut Muffins are perfect for brunch or breakfast but they also make a great snack!
Try my Banana Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel recipe next!
Raspberry Coconut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- In a large bowl combine coconut milk and desiccated coconut. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add egg, sugar, and vanilla extract to the coconut mixture and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and sift into coconut mixture.
- Gently fold in frozen raspberries. Don't stir too long, the raspberries will bleed into the batter.
- Divide mixture between muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.