An ice cream pie with an Oreo cookie crust and homemade fudge sauce. The vanilla ice cream is stuffed with chocolate chips and marshmallows to make the ultimate ice cream pie!
Are you ready to kick off summer the summer this weekend? I sure am!
One thing my family loves during the summer is ice cream! Ice cream is always a part of our summer birthdays, picnics and the perfect ending to long, hot summer days. Have you seen this Bazooka bubblegum ice cream? So nostalgic!
My family goes crazy for ice cream of any kind, but I love taking the cool, sweet, creamy dessert and dressing it up a bit. This Ultimate Ice Cream Pie recipe that I’m sharing with you today is one of those fancied up desserts that I can’t pass up!
Here’s how you’ll make this no-bake dessert:
1. You’ll start by making a homemade fudge sauce. Yes, if you want to take the easy route you can just buy hot fudge ice cream topping instead. Homemade fudge sauce, though? Mouthwatering. And it is easier than you think! Start with this step so that the fudge has time to cool while you are preparing the rest of the layers. You can even put the pan in the fridge to help it cool quickly. Once this cooked fudge has cooled off, you’ll pour it on top of the cookie crumb crust.
2. Oreo crust. Throw whole Oreos in a food processor to get chocolate cookie crumbles. Press this in the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie plate. Then pour the fudge sauce over the crust. Drooling yet?
3. Next prepare the ice cream filling. You’ll want to soften the ice cream first. You can do this by placing it the refrigerator for 20 minutes or so before you start making the pie. Or if you’re lucky like we are, your microwave has a “soften ice cream” setting. Works like a charm! Mix together 3 cups of ice cream with 1 cup mini marshmallows and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Spread this over the fudge layer. Smooth the top of it out with a spoon.
4. Lastly, you’ll drizzle some caramel ice cream topping on the top of the pie.
Make this pie at least 2 hours in advance so all of the layers have time to freeze together into one beautiful dessert.
Your kids will go crazy for this.
Wait…who am I kidding? Adults will go crazy for it!
Q: What creative recipe do you like to make that features ice cream as a main ingredient?
Ultimate Ice Cream Pie
- 1 1/4 Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- To prepare the fudge sauce, in a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Add the sugar, cocoa, corn syrup and water. Cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook on low heat, without stirring, until the mixture thickens, or about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Set this aside to cool.
- Press the Oreo cookies into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie pan. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the marshmallows, chocolate chips and softened ice cream until completely combined.
- Once the fudge sauce is lukewarm, pour this over the cookie crust. Then spoon the ice cream mixture over the fudge and smooth the top with a spoon.
- Drizzle the top of the pie with caramel.
- Cover the pie and freeze it for at least 2 hours.