Have extra peaches and tired of rich dessert? Try this easy peach nice cream. Coconut cream gives this dairy free ice cream amazing flavor and texture.
Have you tried our maple grilled peaches yet? If you haven’t…you’re missing out. They’re delicious!! Many times we turn to grilled pineapple when we are wanting an easy summer dessert, but when peaches are in season, grilled peaches are where it’s at.
One classic summer dessert is peaches and cream. I can eat a bowl of peaches with a little heavy cream drizzle on top any time of the day. But what happens when you want something like ice cream but can’t have the dairy?
You make Nice Cream!
What is nice cream?
Nice cream is a healthier alternative to ice cream. It is usually dairy free and many times has bananas as a base. You can really use any type of fruit you want. Just freeze it and blend away.
Peach Nice Cream with Coconut Cream
What happens when you want nice cream with just a little extra creaminess? Add full fat coconut cream! We feature this recipe with peaches, but you can really switch out the peaches for just about any other fruit you’d like.
How to Make Peach Nice Cream
There are two different steps you have to do in advance to make an easy homemade nice cream:
- Freeze the fruit ahead of time. You’ll want to give it at least 24 hours in the freezer so it is nice and frozen.
- Chill the can of full fat coconut cream. As you chill the cream, you’ll get a thick layer of white cream that sits on top of the more watery milk. That cream is what you want to add to your fruit to give the nice cream extra creaminess. Make sure you refrigerate your can of cream at least 6 hours but preferably overnight in order to give enough time for the cream to harden.
Once you’ve done these two initial steps, it’s time to make the peach nice cream!
Open the can of coconut milk and use a spoon to scoop out just the solid white cream. Save the milk for another use (we like to add it to smoothies).
Place the frozen peaches (or other fruit) in a high powered blender. (This will not work with a weak blender….you need lots of power!) You’ll need about 2 cups of fruit.
**Pro Tip: If you’d like, you can add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup. This is totally optional but just adds a little sweetness and flavor.**
Blend on high speed for about 1 minute or until the mixture is completely smooth.
That’s it! It’s ready to eat!
Can you make nice cream in advance?
It is important to note that this nice cream is best enjoyed right after being made. It does not have the same consistency or flavor if you make ahead and freeze it to serve later. You can plan ahead by having the ingredients ready and then just be spontaneous in when you choose to make and enjoy!
Toppings for Nice Cream
We like to add a drizzling of maple syrup and some grilled peaches to our nice cream. It’s like a healthy peaches and cream!
You can also add any other fruit you’d like for topping…or add a sprinkling of coconut or pecans.
Other Peach Recipes
Other Ice Cream Recipes
Peach Nice Cream
- 14 ounces full fat coconut milk (chilled overnight)
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Open the chilled can of coconut milk and use a spoon to scoop out just the solid white cream. Put this and the frozen peaches into your blender.
- Optional, add a little of the pure maple syrup to this as well.
- Use a high power blender to whip everything together until it is super smooth. This typically comes together in about 1 minute.
- Portion into serving dishes, top with extra peaches if desired.
- Serve immediately.