The perfect scone with the most beautiful crunchy sugar crusted top. Tender and full of chocolate chips, these Chocolate Chip Scones will seriously be the best scone you’ve ever had!
Have you ever had one of those days that just made you want to curl up on the couch, watch television and eat Cheetos all day? My whole month has made me feel that way. We are in the process of moving from our house to a different house down the street. Here is something about Dubai that not everyone knows about. When renting an apartment or villa here, you have to pay the entire rent for the whole year up front.
I know…It makes things a little harder to settle when the first thing you have to do is take out a loan for rent. Landlords want money up front in case you try to bail. Something about everyone leaving the country during the economic crisis (luxury cars left at the airport collecting dust, abandoned homes and apartments, etc…) that has made this the standard practice.
So the house is packed and ready to go. Tomorrow morning is the move and I can’t wait to finally curl up on the couch with a big ‘ole bag of Cheetos. Or Chocolate Chip Scones. I forgot what this post was about from my ranting. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream , cold
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- Granulated sugar , for sprinkling
- melted chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 375 F and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In your mixer with the paddle attachment, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- On low, mix in the heavy cream until everything has just become moistened.
- Pour out the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until its soft.
- Divide into two equal balls and flattened them until they are about 8 inches in diameter.
- Using a knife cut each circle of dough into eight even sliced triangles.
- Place on the parchment paper and brush the tops with melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and until golden brown.