Easy fruit Sherbet Punch recipe with Jello, Kool Aid, pineapple juice and lemon-lime soda. Make any color or flavor you’d like and serve with fruit sherbet on top for that delicious, easy punch!
Sherbet Punch Recipe
We’re throwing back to the old days today with this classic sherbet punch recipe. I remember sipping on sweet, cool, sherbet punch at baby showers, bridal showers, weddings, church potlucks, family reunions…and even small holiday family dinners. Sherbet punch is so versatile and it’s easy to make.
Strawberry Sherbet Punch
Red punch fits so many different holidays and seasons, so we decided to whip up a strawberry sherbet punch. We used strawberry Kool Aid and strawberry Jello as the base for this recipe. It made a gorgeous red color that is pretty as a Christmas punch, Valentine’s Day punch or July 4th punch. Cool strawberry flavor is good any time of the year, right?
How to Make Sherbet Punch
Sherbet punch is easy to whip up last minute…or you can make the punch base in advance and add the soda and sherbet last minute. Here’s how to do it:
- Dissolve the strawberry gelatin in boiling water. Set it aside.
- Dissolve the Kool Aid in a large punch bowl with 2 quarts of cold water. Add in the sugar and mix it well.
- Add the strawberry gelatin mixture to the punch bowl and mix.
- Mix in the pineapple juice.
- This is base of your punch. If you’re not serving it immediately, place the punch in the refrigerator at this point.
- Right before serving, add the soda. Taste the punch to make sure it doesn’t need more sugar or soda.
- Scoop out the sherbet and place it in the punch bowl. You can just place the whole block of sherbet in or you can use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the sherbet in smaller scoops to place in the punch.
How to Serve Sherbet Punch
Sherbet punch is best served from the punch bowl rather than a beverage dispenser so everyone gets a taste of that delicious sherbet foam!
Other Punch Recipes
Sherbet Punch Recipe
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin (1 small box)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 envelope strawberry Kool Aid
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (to taste)
- 20 ounces lemon-lime soda (add more to taste)
- 2 pints sherbert (we used raspberry sherbet)
- 26 ounces pineapple juice
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir well.
- Dissolve drink mix in cold water in a large punchbowl. Add sugar and stir well.
- Add pineapple juice and gelatin to Kool Aid mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add lemon-lime soda and sherbert just before serving.