Make a huge batch of this Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix so that you always have hot cocoa on hand this winter season! Chocolate pudding makes it extra creamy.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Has freezing cold weather hit you yet? For some of you, it probably hit quite a few weeks ago, and for others…well…it’s never going to hit. And for that, I am just a tiny bit jealous:)
Our weather hasn’t been extremely cold yet, but we did have our first snow about three weeks ago. It was only an inch and a half, but the kids were so excited. It’s on those snowy mornings that the kids immediately ask, “Can we have hot chocolate?!”
I love celebrating a snowy morning with hot chocolate, but we’ve never been that great about keeping those little packets of hot chocolate in the house. They just get used up to quickly!
For the past few years, we’ve made a big batch of Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix, and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to store-bought hot cocoa!
How to Make Homemade Hot Cocoa
1. It makes a huge batch. 16 cups of powder to be exact. You use about 1/3 a cup of powder per hot cocoa drink, which means you have 48 cups of creamy, chocolate goodness waiting for you. Many times I even double this recipe which then lasts us most of the winter.
2. There’s pudding and Nesquik in this mix which will make your hot cocoa super creamy!
3. After you’ve mixed the ingredients together, put it through the blender a cup at a time. This makes the powder extremely fine, which is what makes a perfect cup of cocoa.
We love to put marshmallow bits in our dry mix. There’s something about those crunchy little bits that I just have to have in my cocoa. And that doesn’t mean we don’t like real marshmallows and even whip cream on top. You can add as much creamy white stuff as you’d like!
Make up a big batch of this hot chocolate mix soon, so you are prepared for those snowy mornings that just whisper “Hot Chocolate“. You can even put some in Mason jars and give it away as a gift to a teacher, coworker, neighbor or friend to share the love!
Make up a big batch of this hot chocolate mix so you'll be prepared for the winter!
- 11 cups powdered milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 11 ounces powdered coffee creamer
- 2 lbs Nestle Nesquick powdered chocolate milk mix
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 ounces chocolate pudding mix (small box)
- Marshmallow bits optional
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. In order to get the hot chocolate mix to have a finer texture, blend the powder. Do this slowly, blending just one cup of powder at a time until it becomes a fine powder. If you put too much powder in the blender, it will not easily blend.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container.
- When making a cup of hot chocolate, use about 1/3 of a cup of powder per cup of water, or adjust to your liking.
This makes 16 cups of hot chocolate mix.
The calories shown are based on the a serving being 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.
Recipe Source: Food.com