Light, airy and delicious this Strawberry Chiffon Sheet Cake is a fun, easy Summertime treat that is perfect to bring to your family get togethers!
Strawberry Chiffon Sheet Cake
So this week marked the first week of school being out for the year for my kids. I’m kind of relieved as I absolutely love having my kids home with me. And it gives my daughter who is 3 the chance to actually play with other kids throughout the day and she loves her brothers so much so it’s a win win situation for everyone in my eyes!
Now that the kids ARE home, we focus a lot on baseball since that is an all consuming time sucker for the next 6-8 weeks. And this is literally 4 days a week that I am shuffling around from game to game to game, but I’m a baseball mom and I absolutely love this time of year and watching these guys play ball. I was a softball player in high school and nothing makes me more proud than to see my boys take on these extra curricular activities!
Anyways, my point of all this is that during the Summer months we still absolutely crave our sweets, like hard core, but we tone them down a little bit. No more of the heavy wanna keep warm type of deal, we are more looking for the light, airy and fruity type of treat that we can easily just grab and go or just have as a pick me up that won’t be weighing us down for the next hour in a food coma!
This Strawberry Chiffon Sheet Cake is one of my kids favorite, especially my 10 year old, he adores this cake! He is my one child that pretty much isn’t afraid of trying anything that I make and I appreciate him for that, so a lot of the time it always ends up being me and him who eat all the things because the other ones are just so picky or already have there favorites picked out and don’t want to stray from them.
This Strawberry Chiffon Sheet Cake is the perfect Summer dish, it makes a ton and it is a quick and easy recipe that you can just bring along to the next picnic, pot luck or family gathering that you have planned this Summer! Don’t get me wrong, I love myself the good old chocolate dessert, but there is something about this cake that just keeps me coming back for more every time.
Strawberry Chiffon Cake Roll
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 large room temperature eggs , separated
- 3/4 cup sugar , divided
- 10-15 oz jar Strawberry preserves
- 16 oz whipped cream (2 tubs of cool whip)
- 1-2 cups diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl beat your egg whites until foamy and then gradually add in 1/2 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl beat your egg yolks together with your remaining sugar until it starts to thicken.
- Slowly beat in your flour mixture (this will be stiff).
- Stir in about 1 cup of your egg whites to loosen the mixture up a bit then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Spread onto prepared pan and bake for about 13-15 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cool spread your strawberry preserves over the top of cake then spread your whipped cream over the top of that.
- Sprinkle with diced strawberries.
Summer desserts you may also like:
Lemon Cookie Salad
Watermelon Jello Jigglers
S’mores Bundt Cake