Classic strawberry spinach salad with red onion, feta cheese and almonds topped with a homemade sugar free poppyseed dressing. Use up those fresh strawberries with this healthy lunch idea! You may also like our Asian Chicken Salad.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
Are you sick of strawberry recipes yet? I hope not. Today we’re taking those fresh berries, adding spinach and poppy seed dressing and turning it into a Strawberry Spinach Salad…perfect as a summer side dish or for a light dinner or lunch on these hot summer days.
Strawberry Salad Ingredients
I’ve had many variations of strawberry salad, some of which include pecans, avocado and even bacon. This salad is fairly simple in that it just calls for almonds, feta cheese, red onion, strawberries and lettuce. You can add more ingredients if you’d like, but if you’re looking for quick and easy, this recipe is it.
Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
This easy poppy seed salad dressing is sugar free. It uses Swerve sweetener and a few drops of stevia sweetener (based on the taste you prefer). If you’d like, you can swap out the sweetener for coconut sugar or traditional sugar to add sweetness. It can really be sweetened anyway you like!
Simply add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake it up. Use just a few tablespoons of dressing to keep the calories on this salad down.
How long does poppy seed dressing keep in the fridge?
I often keep homemade dressings up to a month, but honestly, if I haven’t used it in a month, I probably won’t use it. I recommend discarding this dressing after 1 month of refrigerator storage. Just make sure the jar is well sealed!
Other Dinner Salad Recipes
Tools to Make Salad
- Strawberry Slicer: Get perfectly sliced strawberries for your salad.
- Ninja Express Chop: Mini food processor…this is one of my most-used kitchen tools!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 9 ounces baby spinach and lettuce mix
- 5-6 medium strawberries sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Swerve sweetner (or sugar of your choice)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 drops of liquid stevia (optional, to taste)
For the Salad:
- Wash strawberries. Slice them and set aside.
- Place the lettuce mixture into a large bowl.
- Slice onion thinly and add to lettuce.
- Crumble cheese and sprinkle over salad.
- Add strawberries and almonds to the mixture.
For the dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar.
- Shake together to incorporate.
Make the Salad:
- Just before serving, drizzle the desired amount of poppyseed dressing over the salad and toss to coat.