I’ve got an easy recipe for you today.
This one doesn’t involve baking anything. I figure that if you are reading our blog, you enjoy baking as we do. I also know there are some who have no desire to bake, or have had baking failures in the past that have made them scared to try baking anything new. I hope that we encourage you not to give up baking and inspire you to try new things.
But if you are one who doesn’t care for baking but still likes sweets, this recipe is for you!
White Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Bark. No baking required. Ready in about 35 minutes. 3 ingredients.
Are you intrigued yet?
The only tricky part to this recipe is melting the white chocolate. I highly recommend getting a double boiler. This is a saucepan that sits within another pan. Water boils on the bottom pan. White chocolate goes in the top pan and melts smoothly and evenly. You can melt white chocolate in the microwave, but it can be a bit tricky. It’s something I had many failures on in our early baking years. We’ve recently gotten better at melting white chocolate in the microwave, but I prefer the double boiler method since it is easy.
This easy white chocolate bark recipe takes two cups of white chocolate. You’ll melt 1 1/2 cups of chocolate, then add the remaining 1/2 a cup and stir to melt it. This just helps the chocolate not to get too runny and helps it cool faster. I didn’t want my chocolate to spread thinly over the pan, so I let it sit for 5 minutes before I poured it onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. It was the perfect temperature. Thick enough to not run all over the pan, but thin enough to spread into an 8×8 square.
You’re going to press shelled pistachio nuts and green candied cherries into the white chocolate while it is still melty. I purchased these green candied cherries at Meijer at Christmastime, but if you’re not sure where to buy them, you can easily order them online here. Their color makes them fun for Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day and springtime, too!
Pop the pan into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until the chocolate is set, then slice or break the candy bark into chunks.
Q: What’s your favorite way to melt chocolate?
Q: Do you prefer baking or candy making?
- 2 cups (16 ounces) white chocolate wafers or chips
- ½ cup candied green cherries
- ½ cup shelled pistachio nuts
- Place 1 cup of water in the bottom of a double boiler. Place 1½ cups of white chocolate in the top pan. Heat the water over medium-low heat and allow the white chocolate to melt, stirring often. Once the white chocolate has melted, take the pan off the heat and stir in the remaining ½ cup white chocolate. Stir until all of the white chocolate is melted. Let the chocolate sit for 5 minutes to cool a bit.
- Cover a small baking sheet with wax paper. Pour the chocolate onto the wax paper and spread it into an 8-10" square. Immediately sprinkle the chopped candied cherries and pistachios on top of the white chocolate. Press the cherries and nuts in gently.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Slice or break the bark into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container.