You can’t resist a slice of this warm, cinnamon Amish Friendship Bread. This quick bread starts with a sweet sourdough and makes two loaves. Perfect for gift-giving! For the starter recipe, click here.
I know you’ve all been waiting for this recipe. We shared our Amish Friendship Bread Starter recipe yesterday. If you haven’t gotten that sweet sourdough starter mixed up and fermenting on your countertop, what are you waiting for?
One look at this cinnamon Amish friendship bread and you’ll be anxiously awaiting that 10-day sourdough cycle to be complete so you can get baking.
This is a classic bread.
It’s soft and moist. It’s full of cinnamon sugar flavor. It’s a one-bowl, no-rise, couldn’t-be-easier quick bread.
And if you’re not into baking quick bread, try baking the friendship bread batter in a muffin tin. You’ll prepare the pans the same way, but you’ll preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake them for 5 minutes, then reduce the baking temperature to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 13 minutes. It’s a little trick I learned from Sally’s Baking Addiction in order to get the pretty domed tops that everyone loves on a muffin.
And another option? Bake the batter in a 9×13 cake pan to have an Amish friendship cake. The options are endless with this easy bread recipe!
You’ll notice the first ingredient in this recipe is Head over to get the Amish Friendship Bread Starter here.
Other Recipes to Use our Starter in:
Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix ½ cup sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon into a small bowl. Dust the greased pans with half of this cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool until the bread loosens from the pan evenly and turn onto a serving dish.