This Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburgers recipe is packed full of flavor and is one of the juiciest hamburgers I’ve had yet. I love the french fried onions on top!
Being a food blogger is a rough job, ya know? Last weekend I needed to get a few burger recipes ready to share with you all. After all, I wouldn’t want you to be stuck without any hamburger recipes for the upcoming summer picnics. We had burgers three days in a row last week. A lot of times when we grill out, our burgers are very basic. I’m lucky if I have buns and cheese on hand. We went all out on the burgers we had last week, though. And they were so. good.
This Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburgers recipe is inspired by my favorite dinner at several different restaurants. I crave big, juicy burgers, and barbecue bacon burgers are my dinner of choice many times we eat out. The homemade version didn’t disappoint!
Although the burger looks complex, it is really very simple. In order to infuse the burger with barbecue flavor, you’re going to add barbecue sauce and a bit of mayo to the hamburger meat before making the patties. This makes them full of flavor and soooo juicy!
Next comes cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion. Then top it with more barbecue sauce and french fried onions. I took a shortcut and used store-bought fried onions, but if you have the time, make these homemade crispy onion strings by Liz at Love Grows Wild. They’re amazing!
Remember that the easiest way to keep burgers from sticking to the grill is by heating the grill to over 400 degrees before you throw the patties on. We started doing this a couple years ago and no longer have to use aluminum foil. No more meat sticking to the grill. You get those gorgeous grill lines on your meat and delicious flavor!
Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 12 slices bacon cooked
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices onion
- 1 cup french fried onions
- 6 buns
- Additional barbecue sauce for topping the burgers
- Preheat a grill until it reaches 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise and steak seasoning. Form into 6 patties.
- Grill the burgers for about 6 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked as desired.
- To put together your sandwiches, place down the bottom bun, then layer the lettuce, onion, tomato, bacon, burger, cheese, barbecue sauce, french fried onions, and the top of the bun.
- Serve immediately.