My dad loves pudding.
We don’t ususally have pudding around, but sometimes we’ll make it for when he comes home from work. I love the look on his face when he steps through the door, looks around and sees some yummy pudding in two bowls-one for him and one for mom. None for my brother, sister and me. 😛
One of dad’s favorite dessert choices is probably a piece of unfrosted cake with lots of pudding dumped on top.
I love desserts- but that’s not really my favorite choice. At all. As you probably already know, the best dessert for me has to include peanut butter. So? What did we do? We layered the two on a pie crust, refrigerated it, and put lots of whipped cream on top. Genius, I say.
This Peanut Butter Pudding Pie was a hit- Dad loved the fact that it was a pudding pie, and I loved the fact that I couldn’t taste much of the vanilla pudding.
I was seriously worried that this wouldn’t turn out- but that’s not really saying much since I worry about everything. Just one taste made me change my mind about this pie. Pure peanut butter deliciousness. Surprising, right?
I can name the ingedients for this pie on one hand. Peanut butter, powdered sugar, instant pudding mix, milk, and a pie crust. Simple as that. Well, and whipped cream- I guess that’s a necessity. You can’t go wrong with bucket loads of whipped cream on top of your pie, right?
And as for the pie crust? You have options. You could buy a pre-baked pie shell, buy an unbaked pie shell and bake it, make your own fantastic pie shell recipe and bake it, or use a graham cracker crust. Whatever works best for you. I, for one, love making pie dough, so I chose that route. But I also love the easiness of storebought pie crust or graham cracker crust. That way you can make this really fast if you’re running short on time.
Go ahead and try it! If you love peanut butter and are looking for a flavorful but not too rich recipe, this is it.
The vanilla pudding in this Peanut Butter Pudding Pie keeps this simple pie from being too rich. You'll love the peanut butter and vanilla combination!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 9-inch pre-baked pie crust (or use your favorite pie crust recipe)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small package vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- In a small bowl, crumble together the peanut butter and powdered sugar. Put 3/4 of the mixture on the bottom of the baked pie shell. Save the rest of the peanut butter mixture to garnish the top of the pie.
- Mix one small package of vanilla instant pudding with the two cups of milk and mix until it is all blended. Pour the puding over the crumbled peanut butter mixture in the pie shell. Allow the pudding to set for 5 minutes.
- Spread the Cool Whip overtop the pudding and then sprinkle the remaining peanut butter crumbs on top. Store the pie in the refrigerator.
Use a store-bought pie crust, or your own favorite pie crust recipe. You could also use a graham cracker crust!