A few weeks ago, Maddie and I went to the grocery store to find some goodies to make fall treats with. Who else out there just loves it when all of the holiday candy comes out?!
One of the candies that we picked up on that trip were Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. They sat in our stash of baking supplies for about two weeks while I racked my brain with every free moment that I had, over what I could possibly make with these pumpkin-flavored kisses.
One of our favorite Christmas candies are those simple pretzel, kiss & caramel turtles that you can throw together in no time. Once I started thinking Christmas, I knew a turtle candy is what I had to try with these kisses!
Let me tell you…these little Pumpkin Spice Turtles are quite the treats.
Pretzel. Caramel. Kiss. Pecan. Chocolate Drizzle.
A little bite-size snack can’t get much better than that.
One thing you’ll love about these turtles is that it is nearly impossible to mess them up.
Here’s what you’re going to do.
Lay a waffle pretzel (or other small shaped pretzel) down on a baking pan. Unwrap a Kraft Caramel and place it on top of the pretzel.
Pop that pan into the oven that has been warmed to 350 degrees and bake them for 4 minutes. This 4 minutes is the perfect amount of time to get that caramel at just the right softness. The caramel won’t run everywhere and make a mess. It will just squish down perfectly into the pretzel.
Remove the pan from the oven and immediately press a Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kiss into the caramel. Pop these back into the oven for just 1 minute. Don’t go anywhere….stay right there by the oven, because 1 minute is all that is needed to get that kiss a little melty.
Take the pan back out of the oven and place a pecan on top of each of the pumpkin spice kisses.
If you’d like, you can leave these as they are. I am one, though, who thinks that chocolate drizzle makes everything better. If you’re like me, melt 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips in the microwave, then using a spoon, drizzle them over your turtles!
Before you store these, you’ll want to let the chocolate harden completely. I like to speed up that process by placing the baking pan in the freezer or refrigerator until the chocolate has set.
Thankfully, I made just a few of these little treats. They were gone fast.
Put some of these in a little mason jar, or even in a baggie tied with a fall-colored ribbon to share with family or friends.
Pumpkin Spice Turtles are a sweet and salty snack using Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses.
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 35 waffle pretzles
- 1 bag (11 oz) Kraft caramels
- 1 bag (10 oz) Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
- 35 pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Lay a waffle pretzel (or other small shaped pretzel) down on a baking pan. Unwrap a Kraft Caramel and place it on top of the pretzel.
- Place the pan into an oven that has been warmed to 350 degrees and bake them for 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately press a Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kiss into the caramel. Place these back into the oven for just 1 minute.
- Take the pan back out of the oven and place a pecan on top of each of the pumpkin spice kisses.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over your turtles.
- Before you store these, you'll want to let the chocolate harden completely. Speed up that process by placing the baking pan in the freezer or refrigerator until the chocolate has set, then store them in an airtight container.
There are about 35 caramels in one 11 oz bag of Kraft caramels. If you only make 35 truffles, you'll have about 1/2 a bag of Hershey Kisses leftover.