Apple Butter Pie Tarts are a great food gift for the holidays. Perfect bite-size tarts with apple butter filling and an oatmeal streusel topping! One of the best apple recipes to make for a delicious fall dessert!
Homemade Apple Butter Pie Tarts
I have always thought that little, bite-sized pies were so cute. I mean, any dessert that you can pick up and eat with your fingers? It’s just perfect in my mind. When I picture these little Apple Butter Pie Tarts, I think of a family get-together with a table full of sweets and everyone grazing on the delicious goodness. No need to even have plates, because they go from fingers to mouth in one bite:)
I’ve never before made mini pies in my mini muffin tins, but after tasting our Homemade Apple Butter, I knew that I had to make mini apple pies with a streusel on top, using the apple butter as a pie filling.
These little beauties didn’t last long at our house. In fact, my hubby and I may have helped them to disappear while the kids were watching a movie one night:)
How to Make Apple Butter Pie Tarts
Take your favorite pie crust recipe, or if you are in a rush, get the store bought kind. Although I am a huge fan of homemade pie crust, there are just some times when you need that short cut…and that’s OK!
Place some pie dough in the bottom and up the sides of a mini-muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Put about half a teaspoon of apple butter in the pie dough cup, and sprinkle some streusel on top.
Then bake these little tarts.
Simple as that and you have a cute little pie, with a smooth, apple and cinnamon filling!
Giving Apple Butter Pie Tarts as a Gift
Package these up for someone as a little gift….your kids’ teachers, friends, neighbor, or an elderly couple nearby.
They’ll love them, and they’ll love you for sharing them!
Other Apple Recipes
Apple Butter Pie Tarts
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a 2 inch cookie cutter to cut circles of pie dough, or tear off pieces of pie dough and press into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup. Place about 1/2 a teaspoon of apple butter into each cup. The cup should be full.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and oats together. Cut in the butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle the streusel over the top of each of the tarts.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Allow the tarts to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.