Use Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust to make these buffalo chicken pinwheels loaded with chicken, cheese and buffalo sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
If there’s one kind of food Matt loves, it’s buffalo chicken. And if there’s one thing I like to do, it’s make Matt’s favorite foods and watch his smile when he digs in. I’m always trying to find new buffalo chicken recipes for him. I’ve done a soup (yet to be perfected), burgers (excellent…maybe I’ll share this summer!) and nuggets, but one of our favorites is buffalo chicken dip. Recipes for this are all over the internet, but our favorite is found here.
To surprise Matt for dinner one night, I decided to make him some Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels. We took that deliciously savory buffalo chicken dip and kept things simple by spreading it on refrigerated Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust. Roll it up jelly-roll style, slice it, put it in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray, sprinkle with some cheddar cheese and bake it up for a fun twist on your favorite snack!
I like spicy food, but not food that is so spicy that I sweat the whole time I’m eating it. By using our homemade wing sauce, I get that perfect amount of spice. If you like things really spicy, use the original Red hot sauce.
Another change you can make to this is to try different Pillsbury refrigerated doughs. You could try crescent rolls or biscuits, depending on how soft and fluffy you’d like your bread. The Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust was perfect for us. If you decide to switch the dough, watch the baking time since different doughs will take different amount of times to bake.
If you love buffalo chicken, try these soon. If your husband loves buffalo chicken, surprise him and try them really soon! In fact, these would make a fun Father’s Day surprise for that guy in your life who can’t get enough of buffalo chicken!
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 tube Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust (13.8 ounces)
- 1 can chunk chicken, drained (10 ounces)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the pizza crust dough and spread it out on a lightly floured counter. Press the edges to make it all evenly flat.
- In a small bowl, mix the chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Spread this mixture on the rolled out pizza dough. Roll up the dough jelly roll style. Slice the roll into 9 pieces. Place cut side up in an 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the dough is lightly browned and cooked all the way through. Serve warm.