Get dinner on the table quickly with this Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese casserole. Rotisserie chicken and Bob Evans macaroni and cheese make this a shortcut meal the whole family will love.
Thank you to Bob Evans Farms for sponsoring this post. As always, I only support brands I love and all opinions are my own.
Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese
We’re in the midst of crazy busy season at our house. Cross country meets, homework, lessons and appointments…all on top of a complete kitchen remodel! Quick and easy dinners are where it is at. My family quickly fell in love with this Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese. Matt’s favorite is anything buffalo chicken…Kinslee’s is anything macaroni and cheese. My favorite is anything that I can get on the table in under an hour. This recipe fits all of those things and I’m excited to share it with you today.
Easy Dinner Recipe
I used two shortcuts to keep this recipe quick and easy. The first is rotisserie chicken. The second is Bob Evans Macaroni and Cheese. Like I said, Kinslee LOVES macaroni and cheese. She’d eat Bob Evans Macaroni and Cheese every day for lunch and never get tired of it. It’s easier than ever to pack in kids thermoses for lunch or to serve as a side dish, but in this recipe we used it as the base for a delicious dinner. Bob Evans Macaroni and Cheese is already creamy, so just a little extra cheddar cheese is all that is needed for a buffalo chicken cheesy casserole.
Add in buffalo sauce and ranch dip for that classic buffalo chicken flavor. Then top with blue cheese crumbles and green onion for a pop of color and flavor after baking.
What chicken should I use for this recipe?
As I mentioned above, for this recipe, we like to buy an already-cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. We tear off the chicken and add it to the casserole, both white meat and dark meat. The rotisserie chicken already has a great flavor that adds to this casserole.
What are your other options?
- Cooked Chicken Breasts. If you don’t want to buy a rotisserie chicken, boil chicken breasts until they are done, then chop them up.
- Leftover Chicken. If you have leftover shredded chicken from taco night or leftover grilled chicken, you can use that too.
- Canned Chicken. We don’t use this often, but in a pinch, it’s a great option. Drain the chicken before adding it to the casserole.
How Long to Bake Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
We bake this casserole in a 9″ deep dish pie plate. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 30 minutes to heat through. The edges will be bubbly and the inside should be hot.
What to serve with Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
Serve this easy casserole with a side salad or your kids favorite vegetable. My kids love scooping it up with homemade bread. They’ve even been known to wrap up any leftovers in a tortilla for lunch the next day!
Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese
- 1 package Bob Evans Family Size Macaroni and Cheese (28 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded Rotisserie chicken (or cooked, cubed chicken)
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, combine the macaroni and cheese, chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and ¾ cup cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the macaroni mixture in a round deep dish 9” pie plate or round casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the additional ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with blue cheese and green onions if desired.