If there is one thing I never get tired of, it is grilled chicken. We don’t have any indoor grills, so I have to get my fill of it in the summertime when we have the outdoor grill at our fingertips! Today I have another super easy chicken marinade for you. Remember this marinade? Although that marinade is one of our all-time favorites, one of our new favorites is this Garlic Mustard Chicken.
As I’ve mentioned before, we’ve been trying to eat a little healthier around here. I know….you’d never guess by the look of the desserts we’ve been sharing around here:) But really, most of the time, we try to eat food that is good for us. When a friend told me in passing about a marinade that their family liked, my ears perked up. They mentioned only three ingredients.
Spicy Brown Mustard
And all three were on our “approved” eating list! I could hardly wait to try this simple sugar-free marinade!
It did not disappoint. We used equal amounts of mustard and olive oil, then added in two teaspoons of minced garlic. Let this marinate at least for 6 hours, but it is best if you marinate it overnight. The olive oil makes the chicken tender, and the mustard gives it the perfect flavor.
We tried both regular yellow mustard and spicy brown mustard, and definitely preferred the spicy brown mustard. I don’t really care for it as a condiment, so I was hesitant, but it was amazing on the chicken.
Thanks for visiting!
A quick three ingredient, sugar-free marinade!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, oil and garlic together. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag, or a plastic container with a lid. Pour the mustard marinade over the chicken and let it sit in the fridge overnight, or at least for 6 hours.
- Place chicken on preheated grill and cook for about 10 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
My comment system is through Google+, so when leaving a comment, please put “+Lizzy T” in your response to tag me so that I know you’ve left a comment! Thanks so much!