If you like the amazing flavors of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, then you’ll LOVE this chicken caprese pizza. Made on Naan bread, and topped with chicken and all your Caprese favorites, this pizza is the ultimate in flavor and freshness!
It’s pizza time!! Today we’re sharing one of our easiest recipes: a 30 minute homemade pizza made on naan bread. And this one has all of the flavors of caprese chicken.
A balsamic reduction adds flavor, fresh mozzarella adds creaminess and the naan bread crisps up nicely. This is a recipe you’ll want to keep handy for when those busy nights hit!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- amazing fresh flavors
- ready in under 30 minutes
- easily customizable
- a fun twist on pizza night!
What is caprese?
One of my favorite things to make is a simple Caprese salad. It’s made by layering a slice of fresh tomato, a slice of fresh mozzarella, and a fresh basil leaf. Then top with a bit of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It’s amazingly, easy, yet so completely delicious!
I’ve taken this fresh treat and made it into a pizza!
Naan Bread Pizza
When making pizza at home, I really love using Naan bread. Naan is an Indian-style Tandoori flatbread,and is becoming a staple at many grocery stores. If you’re not able to find Naan at your local store, feel free to use a basic pizza crust, or another type of pre-made pizza crust. The Naan is great to work with, as it holds up well with lots of toppings, but still has a nice crisp texture when baked.
How to Make Chicken Caprese Pizza
- Brushed the Naan with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the chicken, fresh mozzarella, and sliced tomatoes.
- Bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes.
- While the pizzas bake, make a balsamic reduction. In a small saucepan, add the 1/2 c. of balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Liquid will reduce by half. Set aside.
- Then top with some fresh basil leaves, and a balsamic reduction to mimic that wonderful Caprese flavor.
What type of tomato is best? You can use any type of tomato you prefer. I picked up a package of tri-color grape tomatoes, and they worked beautifully! I’ve also used sliced Romas, and even heirloom tomatoes, which look really pretty!
What to Serve with Chicken Caprese Pizza
Chicken Caprese Pizza
- 6 Naan Flat breads (or any other pizza crust)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie or grilled chicken
- 18 1" cherry size balls of fresh mozzarella halved (these come in a 8 oz. container)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved (or any other tomato variety)
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. On a pizza stone or cookie sheet, lay out Naan.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tbsp of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and brush on to the Naan.
- Top the prepared crusts with the chicken, mozzarella and tomatoes. Bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes or just until the mozzarella has melted and crusts begin to brown.
- As pizzas bake, prepare balsamic reduction. In a small saucepan, add the 1/2 c. of balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Liquid will reduce by half. Set aside.
- Remove pizzas from the oven and top with the fresh basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Enjoy right away.