If you love jalapeno poppers but don’t have the time to make them, give this lazy day jalapeno popper dip a try. Creamy, spicy cheese spread with a lightly crisp Parmesan topping.
It’s football season and my favorite part of football is the party food! Matt isn’t a huge sports fan, but he also is up for a football party as long as there is good food involved…like this creamy Jalapeno Popper Dip. We’re crazy for hot cheese dips and this easy recipe is always a hit.
If you like stuffed jalapeno poppers but don’t like to take the time to make them, give this dip a try. It takes 5 minutes to mix up and about 30 minutes to bake. And although I’m not crazy for jalapeno poppers, I couldn’t stay out of this dip!
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Dip
The creamy cheese mixture is simply mayo, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Make sure the cream cheese is softened so you can easily mix the ingredients.
The recipe calls for both diced green chilies and diced jalapeno peppers. I used canned chilies and jalapenos to keep this recipe very easy. You can easily use fresh jalapeno peppers if you’d like. This will make the dip spicier!
This cheesy dip has a lightly crisp topping of panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle a little melted butter over the top before baking and it crisps right up when baking. This is my favorite part of the dip…don’t skip it!
What Goes with Jalapeno Popper Dip?
We like lightly toasted baguette bread the best. Simply slice the bread, place the slices on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 3 minutes, then flip the slices and bake for an additional 3 minutes. You can also use pretzels, potato chips or tortilla chips.
Tools Needed for This Recipe
- Cheese Grater: I 100% recommend grating fresh Parmesan cheese for this recipe. This cheese grater makes it easier than ever!
- Cast Iron Skillet: Baked cheese dips look so pretty in cast iron skillets. This recipe calls for a 10″ size skillet.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces green chilies drained
- 4 ounces diced jalapeno peppers drained
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese ,freshly shredded (divided)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, chilies, peppers and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Spread this in a 12" cast iron skillet (or pie plate or 8" square baking dish).
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the cheese mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with toasted baguette bread, pretzels or chips.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com