An easy make-ahead oatmeal breakfast casserole filled with all the flavors of classic chocolate chip cookies.
Hi, I’m Sherri and I blog over at The Well Floured Kitchen, where I share family friendly recipes. I am so happy to be visiting here today and sharing my favorite super easy breakfast dish. Overnight Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Oatmeal is sure to become your favorite too!
I don’t know about you, but early morning isn’t my favorite time of day. It takes me (ahem) quite a long time to wake up with my coffee. I sort of dread having to think about breakfast. It is guaranteed that at least one of my four kids will need food while I’m still bleary eyed, so it’s good to be prepared 😉
I’ve simplified this so that it can be thrown together without thinking right before bed. Mix together the ingredients, pour into pan and refrigerate until ready to bake the next morning.
I really wanted to include the flavors of a classic chocolate chip cookie, which is my beloved dessert. A bit of brown sugar, vanilla, and of course chocolate chips really bring such fun flavors that my whole family loves. Of course, since this is breakfast the sugar is much less than that cookie recipe.
With our family we have to cook big, so this entire pan (6 cups of oats), is just one breakfast. But don’t worry, the recipe can be halved and baked in a smaller 8″ pan. Or save the leftovers to enjoy the rest of the week.
In the morning, whoever goes down to make the coffee (not me!), can throw the oven on and get this chocolate chip baked oatmeal started for everyone.
I like to serve it with extra milk or cream, and a pat of butter for good measure.
Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- 6 Cups Whole Rolled Oats
- 3 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Butter Diced
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Butter a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add in the oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and butter.
- Stir all the ingredients together until well combined, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake casserole for 30-40 minutes. The oatmeal should firm up and liquid will be absorbed.
- Serve with butter and extra milk or cream.