Hide your zucchini in this Peanut Butter Zucchini Bread with Brown Sugar Streusel. You’ll never guess this bread has veggies inside!
Peanut Butter Zucchini Bread
If there’s one thing that I love about summer it’s the warm weather. Of course, where we live, weather is always changing. It could be hot and humid in the afternoon and then two hours later it could be pouring rain and drop 15 degrees in temperature. I’m not really one for baking when it’s too hot, but when there’s a cool wind blowing and rain clouds lingering around, it’s the perfect weather for heating your oven and filling your house with the smells of baking bread.
Especially when it’s peanut butter bread.
This amazing Peanut Butter Zucchini Bread is actually based off of our original zucchini bread post, Grandma’s Zucchini Bread. I absolutely love that recipe, but this bread kicks things up a notch with a great peanut butter flavor. I am a firm believer that everything should have a peanut butter version! This bread is so peanut buttery that it hides two cups of zucchini inside. No one will ever know!
To make this quick bread successfully, you’ll need to mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix all the wet ingredients in another. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined. Why dirty two bowls? It’s so that you don’t over mix the batter. If you mix it too much, your quick bread will not rise as much when it bakes. Over mixing develops gluten, which makes the bread chewy and form air bubbles or tunnels. This is good with normal homemade bread that you knead and let rise to give it that chewy soft texture, but that’s not what you want for you quick bread.
My Grandpa came over for my thirteenth birthday on Monday, and we had him try some of this bread. He really liked it, but we didn’t tell him what it was until after he ate it. He was shocked to hear that it was zucchini bread. He never would have guessed. So if you want to get some extra veggies into your kids food while they think they’re eating dessert, this is a great way to do it!
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter baking chips
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Mix together the peanut butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, zucchini and peanut butter chips in a bowl. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and softened butter. Mix until the streusel is crumbly.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans. Split the batter between the two pans. Divide the streusel topping between the two loaf pans, sprinkling the streusel on top. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes.