Peppermint Patty Mint Oreo Truffles stuffed with peppermint patties and Andes mints. Oreo balls with a twist! A delicious bite-size chocolate-dipped dessert recipe for parties.
Peppermint Patty Mint Oreo Truffles
A few weeks ago, we posted our Reese’s Tornado Truffles. Thanks to all the truffle fans in the world, as they have been the most popular recipe on our website since they were published! Our family loved them, and we all decided that a second version must be made. Are you ready for this excitingly new Peppermint Patty Mint Oreo Truffles? I know I am!!
So, what do you think when you think peppermint? Mints? Peppermint Patties? If you have a craving for something minty, then these minty-chocolate-truffles will blow your mind!
These truffles are not as thick and fudgy as the Reese’s truffles. They are softer, lighter, and a bit more gooey. Although I am a huge peanut butter & chocolate lover, I thought these were just as good…and dare I say…even better?! With the Reese’s truffles, I could only eat one because they were so rich and fudgy. With these…I could eat so many more.
Believe me, I could eat at least ten in one sitting.
How to Make Oreo Balls
You’ll want to prepare in advance for these Peppermint Patty Mint Oreo Truffles. But don’t let the advance preparation scare you off. They are so worth it.
These truffles are made of 5 simple ingredients: Mint Oreos, cream cheese, Peppermint Patties, Andes mints, and some powdered sugar to help it all come together.
Our batter was very soft and sticky after mixing everything. You’ll want to refrigerate the mixture for about 1 hours and it will be much easier to roll into balls.
After the dough has been refrigerated, take it out and roll into balls as big or small as you like. We made them about 1 inch around, which made about 36 truffles. They are a little difficult to roll, but only because they will soften up very quickly after you take them out of the fridge. Tricky for rolling into balls, but soooo good once covered in chocolate. 🙂
Once you have the truffle balls, freeze them for about an hour so they will be easy to dip in chocolate.
How to Dip Oreo Balls in Chocolate
We used the same method to dip these as we did the Reese’s truffles, with a double boiler.
For some hints and tips on melting chocolate, see our Reese’s Tornado Truffles post.
Remember that you can use what ever chocolate you want (milk, semi-sweet or dark), and whatever shape (although we have found that mini chocolate chips don’t melt!). You can put your leftover chocolate in a plastic bag and put in the freezer into some lonely corner. When you need more melted chocolate, you can pull it out and melt it up quick!
Put the dipped truffles into the fridge and in a few minutes, they’ll set up and you’ll be ready to indulge in some minty treats!
Peppermint Patty Mint Oreo Truffles
- 15.25 ounces mint Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 10 small snack size York Peppermint Patties
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Andes mints
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat Oreos and cream cheese together for 2 minutes. Add in the York Peppermint Patties and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Fold in the chopped Andes mints. Refrigerate the truffle mixture for 2 hours.
- After refrigerating, roll the truffle mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on a baking sheet covered in wax paper and put them in the freezer to harden. This will make them easier to dip in chocolate!
- Melt the chocolate, either in double boiler or in the microwave. Dip the frozen truffle balls in the chocolate, covering completely. While the chocolate is still wet, garnish with a few extra pieces of chopped Andes mints, if desired.
- Allow the chocolate on the truffles to harden completely.