Pumpkin Spice Saltine Toffee uses Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses to give a perfect fall flavor to your favorite holiday candy recipe. You may also love our pumpkin spice turtles!
Pumpkin Spice Saltine Toffee
You all were loving our Pumpkin Spice Turtles that we posted last week. I’ll have to admit, they are one of my new favorite fall snacks! Today we have another “pumpkin spice” take on a Christmas goodie that is much-loved in our house.
Half of a package of leftover Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses meant that I just had to try making a Pumpkin Spice Saltine Toffee.
These little breakable, salty & sweet beauties were just as good as the turtles we made shared last week. And once again, they are so easy.
How to Make Saltine Toffee
Line a 10×15″ cookie sheet with foil (Yay for easy clean-up!) and spray the foil lightly with cooking spray.
Line up the crackers on the foil so that they are side by side and touching, but try not to overlap them.
In a saucepan, melt 1 cup butter and 1 cup of brown sugar together. Bring this to a boil. Once it starts boiling, set the timer for 3 minutes and let it boil for that time. It will start to thicken, which is just what you want!
Pour this buttery goodness evenly over the saltine crackers.
Then you’ll slide it into an oven that has been heated to 400 degrees and bake it for 10 minutes. It’s going to get all nice and bubbly and carmely in there. While this is baking, unwrap your Hershey Kisses. This is a job that my kids love to help with!
After the 10 minutes of baking, remove the pan from the oven, set about 60-70 unwrapped Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses on the top of the sugary layer. Pop the pan back into the oven and bake it for just another 2 minutes, to get the Hershey Kisses all nice and melty.
Remove the pan from the oven. Using a rubber spatula, gently press and spread the Hershey Kisses out so that you have a nice layer of melted pumpkin spice flavor.
Sprinkle the top with 1/2 a cup of chopped pecans and gently press the nuts down into the pumpkin spice layer.
How to Make Chocolate Drizzle
You can stop here if you’d like, but we think that chocolate drizzle makes everything better, so we had to add a chocolate drizzle to our Pumpkin Spice Saltine Toffee!
If you love chocolate drizzle, place 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, and melt the chips. Stir the chocolate every 20 seconds until they are melted and smooth.
Then use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over top the nuts.
Pop the pan into the freezer until the toffee is firm, which will be about 30 minutes.
I know…when you are waiting for a sweet treat, 30 minutes can seem like an eternity. Do something productive….wash the dishes…sweep the kitchen, throw away old stuff from your fridge. Or make the time go really fast and look at Pinterest.
Once they come out of the freezer, they’ll be ready to break into pieces.
And they will be worth the wait!
Other Pumpkin Spice Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Spice Magic Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake
Pumpkin Spice Saltine Toffee
- 30-40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 10 ounces Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted
- Line a 10x15" cookie sheet with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray. Place crackers on the foil so they are touching side by side.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and stir it in with the butter. Set the stove to medium heat and bring the butter/sugar mixture to a boil. Once it starts boiling, set the timer for 3 minutes so that it thickens.
- Pour the sugar mixture evenly over crackers. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until brown and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Place about 60-70 unwrapped Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses over the toffee. Put the pan back in the oven for another 1-2 minutes, until the Hershey Kisses are starting to melt and can be spread. Remove from the oven.
- Gently spread the Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses using a rubber spatula until there is an even layer over the toffee.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over top the pumpkin spice layer and gently press them in with your hands.
- In a microwave bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips, stirring every 20 seconds until they are completely melted and smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the top of the toffee.
- Freeze the toffee for about 30 minutes, or until it is firm.
- Break or cut into pieces and store them in an airtight container.