Ever made your own chocolate bar? These simple Triple Chocolate Crunch Bars are full of white, milk and dark chocolates. Pecans and crisped rice give them a nice crunch!
Triple Chocolate Crunch Bars Recipe
I love, love, love making my own homemade candies. If there were plate of cookies and a plate of homemade candies sitting in my kitchen, I’d go for the candies almost 100% of the time. Unless these cookies are on the plate. Which still proves my point because they are stuffed with candy.
Taking chocolate and turning it into something just a little more special for Valentine’s Day is a quick treat that your kids or grandkids might love to make with you.
Triple Chocolate Bars
Although I can eat chocolate just plain, I also like to make these simple little chocolate crunch bars. These sweet squares have dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate. Is white chocolate officially a chocolate? Ok…maybe not. But we’re calling it chocolate today.
A trifecta of chocolates.
What’s in a crunch bar?
The “crunch” in these homemade candy bars come from crisped rice cereal and chopped pecans. You can use any type of nut that you’d like…even coconut! If your kids aren’t into nuts, use double the amount of crisped rice. I chopped the pecans finely and my nut-despising children didn’t even know they were eating them. Or they just decided this chocolate was too good to worry about a little nut here or there.
How to Make Crunch Bars
The triple chocolate crunch bars take no time at all to come together. You’ll melt together the dark and milk chocolates along with the butter and coconut oil. You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate which is super easy. Another way to melt the chocolate is simply in the microwave. The key to melting chocolate in the microwave is to melt it very slowly. Heat in a microwave safe bowl for 45 seconds and then mix. Then microwave for 30 seconds and mix. Then heat in 15 second intervals, mixing between each interval until the chocolate is smooth.
Next, you’ll add some white chocolate chips, then add chopped pecans and crisped rice. Spread all of this on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, top it with sprinkles if you’d like and pop it into the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
In about 35 minutes you have your very own chocolate bars. Perfect for your child’s lunch, a Valentine’s party, someone special that you love, or just for rainy (or snowy) day.
Other Chocolate Recipes
Triple Chocolate Crunch Bars Recipe
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crisped rice cereal
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles optional
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper Set aside.
- **The key to melting chocolate in the microwave is to melt it very slowly.**
- Place the dark chocolate and milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. (I like to use a heavy glass bowl.) Heat for 45 seconds and then mix well. Then microwave for 30 seconds and mix. Then heat in 15 second intervals, mixing between each interval until the chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in the white chocolate, nuts and cereal. Mix to coat.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread the chocolate until it is about 1/4" thick, or the thickness that you desire. Sprinkle the top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow the chocolate to set for 30 minutes, or until completely set.
- Use a spatula to slide under the chocolate to loosen it from the parchment paper. Cut the chocolate into bars or break it into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.