These Blueberry Cheesecake Blondies are a delicious cheesecake blondies bursting with fresh summer blueberries making this the perfect treat for the summer!
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BLONDIES
I think blueberries are my favorite fruit. I like them firm and tart though, not super sweet and ripe. It works out, since my family likes the sweet ones and I can pick out the ones I like best. But even I have to admit that the sweet blueberries are best for baking. You definitely want a little sweet in your cheesecake blondies!
My other favorite thing about blueberries is their color. When you bake with them, they turn such a vibrant, deep purple. The ultimate in natural food coloring! The recipes just turn out so beautiful and inviting. Some of my favorites are lemon blueberry pound cake, blueberry phyllo dough turnovers and whole wheat crepes with blueberry compote. I definitely eat with my eyes first.
These bars are like traditional cheesecake brownies in how they’re made, but I’ve chosen a blondie base that works better with blueberries. Imagine a chocolate chip cookie that’s lost its chips. The blondie base whips up just as quickly as a batch of cookies. And it bakes up moist and full of brown sugar and vanilla flavor.
The cheesecake layer couldn’t be easier. Throw all the ingredients (except the blueberries) in a bowl and give it a good beating until smooth. Stir in the blueberries and that’s all there is to it. After a base layer of blondie, I’ve alternated the cheesecake batter and remaining blondie batter to create a swirl pattern. Since the batters are slightly different thicknesses, this technique was easier than trying to marble the batters with a knife.
The bars are rather thick, so they do take a bit of time to bake. After baking, they can be refrigerated up to overnight, which makes them great for entertaining. I love desserts that can be made ahead 🙂 If you can manage not to sneak too many bites! I hope you will find they are worth the wait.
Blueberry Cheesecake Blondies
- 12 Tablespoons 1 and ½ Sticks Unsalted Butter, Softened
- ½ Cup 3.5 Ounces White Sugar
- ¾ Cup 5.5 Ounces Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 and ¾ Cup 7.75 Ounces White Flour
- 1 and ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Blondie: In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
- Cheesecake: In a second bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, egg and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Stir in the blueberries.
- Place half of the blondie batter into the prepared pan and smooth out to cover the bottom of the pan. Place spoonfuls of the cheesecake batter on top of the blondie batter, but do not spread out. Place spoonfuls of the remaining blondie batter around the cheesecake batter. If necessary, smooth out the top of the batters so that they are mostly even.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean, or with just a few moist crumbs. The top will be a light golden brown color.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and the refrigerate until chilled. Slice into 16 squares. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.