Cream Cheese Lime Pie is a cool, creamy dessert with sweet cream, tangy lime and a salty crushed pretzel crust. Make it no-bake with a store bought crust!
Cream Cheese Lime Pie
Have you ever been on a cruise? This past winter, our family went on our first cruise. Kids and all. It was quite an experience and a different type of vacation than we had ever had before, but we loved it! One of the best parts of the cruise? The food! Honestly, I was expecting the food to taste very “cafeteria-like”, but I was wrong. Everything was high quality and tasted so fantastic. You really can’t beat cheesecake after breakfast, after all.
We got to experience so much new foods while on the ship, but one of the best things I tried was key lime pie. Can you believe I had never had it before? I fell in love with that sweet & tangy flavor my first bite. This Cream Cheese Lime Pie is a simplified almost-no-bake version of the classic key lime pie.
I call this pie “almost-no-bake” because of the crust. I wanted to be a little creative and try a pretzel crust, which needed to be baked for about 15 minutes. Which of course means this recipe is officially not no-bake. I loved the pretzel crust because it added that buttery, salty layer to this sweet pie. If it is crazy hot where you are and you just don’t want to turn on the oven for even 15 minutes, pick up a graham cracker crust or another of your favorite crusts at the grocery store and whip up this creamy, tangy, fluffy goodness to fill up your pie crust.
Here’s another hint: Be sure to beat your softened cream cheese using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer to get it nice and creamy. When you are ready to add the milk, put the milk in the fridge for just a short time, 20 seconds or so, to get the chill off the milk. This way your cream cheese won’t lump back up when you add cold milk to the mixture. If you do those couple of steps, your pie should turn out nice and smooth!
Cream Cheese Lime Pie is a cool, creamy dessert with sweet cream, tangy lime and a salty crushed pretzel crust.
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk room temperature
- 3.4 ounces vanilla instant pudding small box
- 1/2 cup frozen limeade concentrate thawed
- 8 ounces Cool Whip frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crushed pretzels, sugar and butter. Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the pie crust is cooling, prepare the pie filling. In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. With the mixer still mixing, add in 1/2 cup of room barely warmed milk. Reduce the speed to low and add the pudding mix, limeade concentrate and the rest of the milk. Beat just until the mixture is blended. Fold in the Cool Whip topping. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Refrigerate the pie until the cream cheese filling is firm enough to slice, about 3 hours.
- Decorate the top of the pie with lime slices and Cool Whip, if desired.
This pie comes together in about 30 minutes, but needs to be refrigerated at least 3 hours before serving.