An easy breakfast casserole you can make in the morning. Use leftover eggnog in this Eggnog breakfast Casserole made with croissants. Perfect for Christmas morning!
Do you love to make breakfast casseroles during the holidays? We almost always have an egg casserole along with our best ever cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Every now and then we switch it up and make French toast casseroles. This one uses up a little bit of eggnog that might be in your fridge.
Eggnog Breakfast Casserole Recipe
My family LOVES french toast casseroles. Some you have to make in advance, but this recipe is easily made the morning you want to serve it. That’s great for last-minute cravings for something other than cereal in the morning.
Breakfast Casserole with Croissants
This breakfast casserole is similar to the popular French toast casserole. Instead of bread, it uses croissants. We use premade croissants from the bakery and recommend them for this recipe over the refrigerated tube croissants. Bakery croissants have a better texture and will hold up to the egg and eggnog in this recipe.
How to Make Eggnog Breakfast Casserole
This recipe can easily be prepped in about 10 minutes.
- Slice the croissants and place them in a greased 11×7″ baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, allspice and vanilla. Be sure the eggs are well mixed.
- Pour this mixture over the croissants, making sure to cover the croissants well.
- Tuck the cubed cream cheese into the casserole evenly.
- Bake at 400º F for 30 minutes covered with foil, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes to that the top of the casserole gets golden brown.
- Serve with blueberries and syrup. Yum!
Can I use cinnamon rolls instead of croissants?
Yes! If you’d like you can buy refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, bake them and cut them into quarters. If you choose cinnamon rolls, use about 8-10 rolls (depending on the size) to make this casserole.Make the egg filling the same as the recipe states.
What to serve with eggnog breakfast bake?
Other Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Sourdough Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Gluten Free Breakfast Casserole
Eggnog Breakfast Casserole
- 8 pre-baked breakfast croissants (sliced into 4-5 pieces)
- 1 cup eggnog
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- blueberries for garnishing (optional)
- syrup for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice croissants and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog, allspice, and vanilla. Set to the side.
- Spray a 11x7" baking pan with cooking spray. Layer in sliced croissants to cover the whole pan.
- Pour over the egg mixture over the croissants, being sure all of the bread has been moistened.
- Place in the cubed cream cheese evenly into pockets of the croissants.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered with aluminum foil. Remove foil after 30 minutes, and cook an additional 10 minutes until bread has turned a beautiful golden color.
- Garnish with blueberries and syrup and serve.