Give your holiday dessert table a festive look with this Peppermint Cream Cheese Dip. This easy to make, 5-minute candy cane dip is delicious with chocolate graham crackers. Love peppermint? Try these brownie cookies!
Peppermint Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
Tis the season for all things peppermint! I don’t know how many times I’ve bought a box of candy canes only to find several broken in the package. What do you make with broken candy canes? This peppermint cream cheese dip! It’s the easiest recipe and really brightens up holiday dessert and appetizer tables.
Sweet Cheesecake Dip
Sweet cheesecake dips are popular because they are so quick to make, can be made in advance and, well…they are delicious. This peppermint cheesecake dip is no different. Cream cheese is sweetened with marshmallow fluff and crushed candy canes which makes this light, fluffy and minty.
How do you make cream cheese dip?
This dip is easy as pie. Actually easier.
Use a hand mixer to mix together the softened cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, extract and food coloring. Be careful adding the food coloring. A little goes a long way.
Crush the candy canes (or buy pre-crushed peppermint pieces) and mix them into the dip.
Hint #1: We like to add the candy canes right before serving so they don’t “melt” into the dip.
Hint #2: Use green and white candy canes for a pop of color!
What to dip in peppermint cream cheese dip?
Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Grasshopper Cookies
- White Chocolate Squares
Can you see a theme? We love chocolate and peppermint together! You can also go sweet & salty by using butter crackers or plain pretzels.
Does cream cheese dip have to be refrigerated?
Be sure to store cream cheese dips in the refrigerator. It is ok to have them sitting at room temperature for parties, but be sure to refrigerate before serving and also refrigerate any leftovers.
Other Peppermint Recipes
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Peppermint S’more Magic Bars
- Peppermint Patty Stuffed Cookies
- Peppermint Mocha Muffins
- Peppermint Cheesecake Trifle
Peppermint Cream Cheese Dip
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
- red or pink food coloring (optional, but gives it a festive color)
- If you are starting with full size candy canes, put them into a Ziploc bag and crush them into small pieces using a rolling pin.
- In a medium sized bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to mix together the marshmallow fluff, cream cheese, peppermint extract and a few drops of food coloring. Mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in the crushed candy canes.
- Scoop the dip into a cute bowl and top with some extra candy canes.
- Serve with chocolate graham crackers, grasshopper cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, white chocolate covered pretzels or pretzel sticks.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
The calories shown are based on the recipe serving 12 people (with no crackers or cookies for dipping). Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information.**