Looking for an easy dessert recipe for a potluck? Try these praline cheesecake bars with toffee bits and a shortbread crust. They’re perfect on their own or with a scoop of ice cream drizzled with caramel.
I’ve been keeping a little secret from you and it’s these Praline Cheesecake Bars.
Remember a little sporting event called the Super Bowl?
This was our dessert for the big game. And yes, it is now nearing the end of May. It’s about time I shared these cheesecake bars. Because I know you need a little cheesecake in your life.
Praline Cheesecake Bars couldn’t be any easier. They’ve got a buttery, shortbread crust that is really good enough just to eat on its own. But if you like cheesecake as much as I do, simply blend cream cheese and two eggs together. Then fold in some candy toffee bits.
Swirl the cheesecake batter with some caramel topping. You know…the kind that is fantastically delicious drizzled over a scoop of ice cream. Swirl the caramel into the batter and bake.
If you’re crazy like we are, serve these Praline Cheesecake Bars with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or just drench them in more caramel topping.
Buttery crust, rich toffee, sweet caramel, creamy cheesecake…. basically a dream. 🙂
Other Cheesecake Bars Recipes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Bars
- Reese’s Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- Cookies ‘n Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
Praline Cheesecake Bars
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened 8 ounces each
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup toffee baking bits
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- Mix the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed.
- Gradually add flour, mixing on low speed until blended.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray (or line the pan with parchment paper).
- Press the dough into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Blend in the toffee bits.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Dot the top of the cream cheese with the caramel topping.
- Use a knife to cut through the batter, swirling the caramel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and then cut into bars.
I originally shared this recipe on Real Housemoms.