Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars… What’s better than edible, eggless cookie dough baked inside a classic white cheesecake?And there’s a Cookie Dough Oreo crust, too!
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Don’t you love getting ice cream during the summer? It’s one of my favorite ways to cool off. If you’ve been around here long, you would know that my favorite flavors are peanut butter, chocolate, and cookie dough. If I can get a combination of any of those, I get really excited. Same goes with ice cream. I usually get cookie dough ice cream in the summer. My favorite place to go? Well, we are fortunate enough to have an amazing little ice cream shop about two miles away. They have the best cookie dough cyclones and pumpkin pie cyclones. I would eat the pumpkin pie ice cream all year round, but it only comes in the fall. It stinks to wait.
What I’m really here to talk about is something almost better than cookie dough ice cream. Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars.
Eggless Cookie Dough
Have you ever just made eggless cookie dough just to eat or put in ice cream? It’s very easy- all we did was substitute the eggs for milk. We weren’t going to bake the cookie dough, so we didn’t have to worry about refrigerating the dough to prevent spreading or anything in the oven. We did freeze the cookie dough after it was into balls, but for a different reason. We froze the dough so when we put it inside the cheesecake, it wouldn’t bake into little cookies. We wanted cookie dough, not cookie. We also took a big scoop of the cookie dough and placed it on top of the bar to make it look pretty. I highly recommend this, only because people will gawk at them even more and it tastes even better.
How to Make Cookie Dough Cheesecake
So what are the layers of this cookie dough cheesecake?
-Cookie dough Oreos and butter, crushed
-Classic white cheesecake with frozen balls of cookie dough dropped inside
-Layer of ganache
-A big scoop of cookie dough on top
Along with a amazing cookie dough flavor, it has that unbeatable cheesecake taste also. It is so rich, soft, and so cookie dough-y!
Other Cheesecake Bars Recipes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Bars
- Praline Cheesecake Bars
- Reese’s Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- Cookies ‘n Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup butter , melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini chocoalte chips
- 22 Oreos crushed (we used the Cookie Dough Oreos)
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the melted butter, sugars, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Lastly, add in the mini chocolate chips and mix to combine. Roll into 25 1-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet that has been covered in parchment paper or wax paper. Place the pan in the freezer while you are preparing the other ingredients. Set aside the remaining cookie dough for topping the bars.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In another bowl, mix together the crushed Oreos and butter. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, with the paper/foil hanging over the edges of the pan. Press the cookie crumbles in the bottom of the pan. Bake the crust for 6-7 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the cheesecake filling. In a stand mixer, mix the cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Once the Oreo crust has come out of the oven, place the frozen cookie dough balls on top of the crust in a 5x5 pattern. Pour the cheesecake filling overtop. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned.
- While the cheesecake is cooling, prepare the ganache. In a small saucepan, warm the heavy cream and chocolate chips, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted into the cream. Pour this ganache overtop the cheesecake bars and spread it out evenly.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving the cheesecake bars. Either before refrigerating or after, scoop the remaining cookie dough into balls on top of the cheesecake bars to garnish.