Pumpkin Cookies are the perfect treat for fall. Learn the technique to create White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies that are perfectly soft and chewy, not cakey at all. This easy pumpkin recipe is one of our favorites!
White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Bring on the pumpkin! I can feel it. Every bone inside me says, “Fall has begun.” My heart jumps a little, seeing pumpkins from our garden sitting out on the deck, the cool breeze coming in from the window, and the smell of pumpkin spice in the house. No wonder I’m in such a fall/winter mood, and these cookies are just the trick for my fall pumpkin cravings!
Last fall, I tried endlessly to make my very own pumpkin cookies. They all crumbled, spread in the oven and even poofed up so high until they almost exploded. They looked like little pumpkin volcanoes in our oven. Oh well, the plight of a growing food blogger.
Now that fall is coming, I started to think about those cookies. I thought I would try them again, this time using a different recipe. This time they turned out beautifully, especially with the white chocolate chips inside. I’m not a huge fan of white chocolate, but I love the flavor of white chocolate and pumpkin. Oh yeah!
Egg free pumpkin cookies recipe
What caught our eye about this specific recipe from an old church cookbook is that the cookies have no eggs.
So if you have a food allergy or can’t do eggs for some reason, these are the cookies for you!
But more importantly, pumpkin can be a substitute for eggs. So if your cookies have both pumpkin and eggs, you get a cake like consistency. Cake-like is not what I want in a cookie. The pumpkin alone makes them soft and light while still being very moist. I knew also that the brown sugar and white sugar combination would make for a soft, chewy cookie.
This is an easy, zero refrigeration needed recipe. Combine all the ingredients in a single bowl and mix thoroughly. Use a cookie scoop and drop them on a non-stick cookie sheet.
How do you make soft and chewy cookies?
Here is the trick to ensure that you get soft, chewy chocolate chip pumpkin cookies.
- Take a medium sized drinking glass, dip the bottom in sugar and press down on the cookie lightly to flatten it. This flattening helps keep them from poofing (No Volcano!).
- Immediately when they come out of the oven, do the same thing, dipping a glass in sugar and pressing the cookie lightly. This might seem weird, but pressing the cookies down before and after baking definitely helps the cookie have a dense and chewy consistency.
Follow those steps above and you’ll end up with perfect white chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. Just in time for filling your fall cookie jar!
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar for flattening the cookies
- Extra white chocolate chips for the tops of the cookies if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, cream together the sugars and butter. Add the pumpkin and mix well. Add in all of the spices, then the flour. Mix well. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Drop the batter by tablespoons onto a non-stick cookie sheet or baking mat. Use a medium-size glass with the bottom dipped in sugar to slightly flatten the cookies before baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, flatten lightly again with the sugar-dipped glass. Press a few extra white chocolate chips into the top to make them look pretty, if desired.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely, then store them in an airtight container.