Pumpkin Crumb Pie has a traditional pumpkin pie base, with a cake mix and nut crunch streusel baked on top. This easy pumpkin recipe makes the perfect fall dessert! You may also like our sweet potato pie!
Pumpkin Crumb Pie Recipe
We’ve got a delicious recipe for you today…and a story to go along with it! My brother was learning about Pi in math, so he wanted us to make a pumpkin pie for him. When we brought him the pie, he was a bit annoyed that it wasn’t traditional pumpkin pie.
We did make him pumpkin pie, but we added something extra on top to make it a little something special. What’s the big deal here? My brother evidently didn’t like the change. He did end up eating it though, and he fought over it with my sister the next day. I guess he decided it wasn’t that bad.
Pumpkin Crunch Dessert
This pumpkin crumb pie recipe is a mixture of our family’s 2 favorite pumpkin recipes- one is pumpkin pie, and the other is simply called Pumpkin Dessert. Pumpkin Dessert is my favorite. It’s basically what’s on top of this pie, minus the crust.
But there is a little argument in our house as to which is better. Traditional Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Dessert. We decided to try to appease both by putting them together. The results? An amazing pumpkin crunch dessert.
Layered Pumpkin Pie
This pie is one of those desserts that would just be simply fantastic with a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Mmmm. Cold or hot, you’ll love it. It has 4 basic layers:
- Pie crust
- Pumpkin mixture
- Cake mix
- Butter and nuts
You can make it easily by using a store bought pie crust, or you can use your own favorite homemade crust. Whatever your favorite way is, I urge you to try this great pumpkin crumb pie.
Other Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Buns
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mini Pies
- Pumpkin Spice Magic Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Cake
Pumpkin Crumb Pie
- 2 unbaked pie shells
- 15 ounces solid-pack pumpkin
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into one unbaked pie shell, and the other half of the batter into the other pie shell.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the pies, splitting it equally.
- Drizzle the melted butter over each of the pies, also dividing the butter equally. Top the pies with the chopped walnuts.
- Bake the pies at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pies to cool on a wire rack.
Inspired by Taste of Home