An easy and unique twist to the veggie pizza appetizer! Taco Pizza is an easy appetizer made with crescent rolls for the crust. This is a great way to use up leftover taco meat.
Mexican night is a regular in our house. We often look for new ways to enjoy those classic Mexican flavors. My kids love finger foods they can take on the go (like these Mexican rollups), so this taco pizza is a hit every time!
Taco Pizza Appetizer Recipe
If you’re looking for a party appetizer or an after school snack, this is it! It’s quick, can be topped with your favorite taco toppings and can use up leftover taco meat or even shredded chicken from taco night. the kids love to help make this easy pizza!
Easy Taco Pizza
- The base of this taco pizza is crescent rolls. You’ll need 1 tube of refrigerated crescent roll dough. This doesn’t make a large amount of pizza, but it isn’t really as good as leftovers so a pizza size that you can finish off in one sitting is perfect.
- Spread the crescent rolls in a baking pan. We like to place parchment paper underneath. You can spray the bottom lightly with cooking spray if you’d like too.
- Bake the crescent roll crust before you add any toppings.
- Mix the white “sauce”. An even amount of both sour cream and cream cheese give this pizza a creamy yet flavorful punch
Next it’s time for the toppings!
Toppings for Taco Pizza
- Meat. You can use leftover taco beef or even turkey. If you happen to have leftover chicken meat from tacos, that would be great too! If not, brown one pound of beef or turkey and season with your favorite taco seasoning.
- Cheese. We like sharp cheddar for so many different recipes and this one is no different. You can also use colby jack or Mexican shredded cheese blend.
- Lettuce and Tomato. Just a little sprinkling for color is fine. Classic taco toppings!
- Olives or Peppers. Use jalapeno peppers or chiles for a little spice. Kinslee loves olives on this pizza.
- Pico de gallo. Make fresh salsa to serve atop this pizza. Delicious!
Easy Appetizer Recipe
So what is this recipe best used for? It’s perfect as an appetizer for a party or family gathering. It’s ideal for a tailgate or game night. Make this easy recipe for when you want to feed the kids something fun and different.
Other Crescent Roll Recipes
- Lemon Twist Bread
- Mini Veggie Pizzas
- Instant Pot Apple Dumplings
- Spinach Cream Cheese Rollups
- Spinach Egg and Cheese Souffle
Taco Pizza Appetzier
- 8 ounces crescent rolls (1 refrigerated tube)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Other toppings you might like such as jalapenos or chilies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a very light coating of non-stick spray.
- Open the crescent roll dough and unroll onto the prepared cookie sheet. Lightly press together the seams if any of them have separated. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream cheese until most of the lumps have disappeared. Spread the mixture onto the cooled crust.
- Put the cookie sheet into the fridge while you prepare the meat.
- Brown the meat and prepare it by using the instructions on your taco-seasoning packet. Drain off any fat.
- Take the pizza crust out of the fridge and spread the taco meat across the top. You will have some meat leftover.
- Then add the cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and any other toppings you wish to use.
- Slice and serve! This taco pizza is best served immediately.