These bite-size Mexican Tortilla Rollups are an easy appetizer to share at a party. Roll up, refrigerate, slice and serve with salsa!
Mexican Tortilla Rollups
I love appetizers.
I think if I could skip the main dish of a meal and just focus on appetizers? I’d definitely be satisfied. Sometimes when we have family get-togethers, we tell everyone to bring their favorite finger food or appetizer. Those end up being my favorite family meals! When food is bite-sized, you get to try a little bit of everything, then still have room to go back for more of what you really loved.
I first tasted these Mexican Tortilla Rollups this summer at a friend’s house. I ate way too many of them, then asked for the recipe so I could enjoy them again.
Make Ahead Appetizer
You’ll love these little bite-sized rollups because they are simple to prepare. They can also be made ahead of time. I know that when I am getting ready to have company, anything that is meant to be made ahead is a life-saver and a time-saver!
How to Make Tortilla Rollups:
1. Mix up the ingredients and spread the creamy, cheesy goodness equally over 5 tortillas that are 10″ in diameter.
2. Roll those tortillas up tightly, then wrap them in plastic wrap.
3. Pop them into the refrigerator and let them rest for at least 2-3 hours. I made mine the day before our party so they were nice and firm.
4. Slice the tortillas so they are about 1/2 an inch thick. You can cut off the end of the tortillas where it is not as thick. Store those in a baggie and eat them later…just because they are not as perfectly pretty doesn’t mean they aren’t good. They’ll make a great snack!
What to serve with tortilla rollups?
Serve them with salsa for dipping in a cute salsa bowl, of course!
With the red salsa, these make such a pretty appetizer for the upcoming holiday season!
Are appetizers one of your favorite parts of holiday parties?
Mexican Tortilla Rollups
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4.5 ounces green chilies (1 small can) drained and diced
- 4.5 ounces chopped black olives (1 small can) drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt or more to taste
- 5 10" flour tortillas
- Blend together sour cream and cream cheese with mixer. Stir in chilies, olives, cheese and seasonings.
- Spread the mixture on equally on each of the floured tortillas and roll them up tightly.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and serve with salsa.