Your favorite pizza toppings alongside garlic cream cheese all rolled up in a tortilla. These Italian Pepperoni Rollups are the ideal lunch, appetizer or snack for pizza lovers everywhere.
I’m a little addicted to pepperoni.
Pepperoni recipe ideas float around in my head on a regular basis. These Italian Pepperoni Rollups jumped into my brain two weeks ago and I had to share them with you.
One of our most popular recipes on the site are these Mexican Tortilla Rollups. It always surprises me when these little bites go viral around popular party times such as New Years and the big sports games. It’s doesn’t surprise me because they are so addictingly delicious, but it does surprise me because they are so simple!
I used my obsession with pepperoni to make an Italian version of this pinwheel recipe.
Here’s my thought behind this simple appetizer recipe.
1. Start with a spinach or sun-dried tomato flour tortilla. Yes, you could use a regular flour tortilla, but aren’t green and the light orange color so much more fun? Plus, you get an extra boost of flavor!
2. Spread a thick layer of the creamy, garlicky cheese mixture on top of the tortilla. Just a warning…don’t taste the cheese mixture or you’ll want to eat it all with a spoon and won’t have any left for the rollups.
3. Cover the cheesy layer with pepperoni.
4. Dice peppers, onions, olives, fresh mushrooms…whatever your favorite pizza toppings happen to be. Then sprinkle those veggies on top of the pepperoni. I used fresh mushrooms, yellow and orange peppers.
5. Roll up the tortilla tightly and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate this roll for at least two hours.
When you’re ready to serve the appetizers, slice them up and serve them with a side of pizza sauce if you’d like!
I call these appetizers, but I ate the high protein snacks for lunch two days in a row. I’d eat them every day if someone would make them for me!
This is a great make ahead appetizer recipe and makes enough for a crowd. You’ll use 5 large tortillas and cut them into about 6-8 slices, which will give you about 35 little pepperoni snacks.
Q: Do you eat pepperoni with things other than pizza? What’s your favorite pepperoni recipes?
Italian Pepperoni Rollups
- 5 10" flour tortillas (spinach sun-dried tomato or white flour)
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian shredded cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 16 ounces pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow and orange peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the garlic, sour cream, cheeses and Italian seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Divide this mixture between the 5 flour tortillas. Spread the cheese mixture to cover the entire tortilla.
- Put a layer of pepperoni over the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the finely chopped pepperoni and mushrooms overtop the pepperoni.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly and wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice when you are ready to serve.