It’s getting warmer, and it looks like it will stay warm this time. All moms know what that means: Garage Sales! As a kid, I know that the best garage sales are the ones with homemade cookies and lemonade. So, when it came our turn to bring out all the boxes and have our own sale, I decided that I wanted to make a bake sale.
My brother and sister, of course, wanted to do their own sale. They made a pop stand, while I spent all day making cinnamon rolls, caramel corn, fudge, peanut butter squares, the famous Potato Chip Cookies, and one of my families favorites: Monster Cookies.
This time, I didn’t want to make just monster cookies. They needed a little change. We were looking in the candy aisle at the store when I spotted Peanut Butter M&Ms. Have you ever tried them? They are perfection.
I knew immediately that this is what I had to put inside my cookies. They make the peanut butter in these Peanut Butter M&M Monster Cookies stand out, and the peanut butter is my favorite part.
I really like soft, gooey cookies. Not the “fall apart in your hand” kind, and not “crispy around the edge” kind. I like the kind of cookie that has the melted chocolate chips and the M&Ms exploded inside. And absolutely no brown around the edges. The recipe for these Peanut Butter M&M Monster Cookies says to cook for 12 minutes, but if you like gooey cookies, I recommend cooking them for 10 minutes.
This is one of our family’s favorite cookie recipes, because they are full of oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate. They stay soft and they freeze well.
The recipe makes a big batch. You can freeze any you don’t need at the time, or even half the recipe. We’ve done both.
Get creative with what you add to this Monster Cookie recipe. Nuts, raisins, regular M&M’s, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips…the possibilities are endless!
My bake sale is going great, and I think that I will be doing this every year! It’s so much fun baking, and it’s also fun to sell the goodies to customers!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups peanut butter
- 6 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons corn syrup
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 9 cups quick cook oats
- 2 cups Peanut Butter M&M's
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs, two at a time. Stir in the corn syrup and vanilla. Mix in baking soda and oats until well blended. Stir in the Peanut Butter M&Ms and chocolate chips. Use an ice cream scoop to put about 2 inch balls on a cookie sheet. If you like a flat cookie, flatten the dough slightly. If you'd like the cookie thick and rounded, just leave the dough in a ball. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees. After cooling for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.