Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Have you ever searched for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe? Chocolate chip cookies are the classic cookie. Everybody loves them. However, not everybody has the same idea of what the “perfect” chocolate chip cookie is like. Do you like your cookies crispy straight from the oven, or gooey inside and out? Do you like them flat like pancakes, or thick and chewy?

cover

I have been looking a long time for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. Most of them have been good, but not the WOW I was looking for. I came across these Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies on Sally’s Baking Addiction. They are the perfect cookie for me. If you like a thick, chewy, soft, and chocolaty cookie, than you will have the time of your life making and eating these cookies.

Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies

What makes these cookies so great? Well, if you think you will like these cookies, than pretty much everything.

- These cookies are very easy to make.

- They are very soft, not at all crispy or hard.

-They store well and are still soft, even after a few days.

- They are very, very chocolaty, which is perfect for me :)

DSC_2792 copy

This recipe calls for using melted butter.  I thought after trying so many cookie recipes that melted butter was a no-no.  The important part of this recipe is chilling the dough. That’s how you can get away with melted butter.  Don’t skip chilling the dough or your cookies will be flat!  I chilled our dough for 2-3 hours.

The first time I baked these, they seemed under cooked when I took them out at 10 minutes.  They are supposed to be that way, and that is part of the reason why it makes them so soft. Do not bake them for more than 11 minutes. Trust me, that’s what makes them so good. :)

chewychocolatechunk1

One of the things I hate about some cookie recipes: If you store them in the freezer, when you take them out, they are so hard you cannot bite into them no matter what you do. These cookies are nice because they are so soft and gooey when they come out of the oven, they will stay soft in the freezer, so you can bite into a cookie, not a rock.

DSC_2805 copy

If gooey, thick cookies are your idea of a perfect chocolate chip cookies, try these Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies today!

Click here for Sally’s Baking Addiction recipe!

These cookies are another of our family’s favorites:

Potato Chip Cookies

Potato Chip Cookies

Peanut Butter M&M Monster Cookies

Peanut Butter M&M Monster Cookies

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1. Those look DIVINE! I’m starving, and now I really just need a big chocolate chip cookie and some milk.. mmm..

2. sue says:

Mmm… you make these cookies very tempting!! :) I can’t wait to try some! I’m so glad we found your blog!! Thanks for linking up with us at One Sharendipity Place this weekend!
    Sue @thet2women.com

3. The texture looks just perfect! Just the way I like it! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #15.

~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!

4. Cindy Harris says:

Yes–these look just perfect. I’ll try them soon.
    pinned to my cookie board!

5. Stopping by from the Google+ Blog Hop! Now following! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch P.S. Your cookies look good! Nice pics too.

6. Melissa says:

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that your delicious cookies are being featured tonight! Thank you for linking up to our SImply Create Link Party!

Melissa
    redflycreations.com

7. Six Sisters says:

These cookies look amazing! You take great pictures. The chocolate is oozing out! YUM! Gotta make these! -The Six Sisters

8. Lisa Davis says:

After looking at several cookie recipes. I’ve decided to try this one. I only wish somewhere in comments people who have said they were going to try and make these came back and posted how they turned out. How easy or hard they were to make. I will return with the answers. Thanks for sharing.

9. Lisa Davis says:

I just finished baking your cookies. They are tasty. I have some good feed back and some bad. First I looked for chocholate morsals in 3 stores what I found as morsals were tiny chips I could not find any chips that were big. Second I chilled the dough maybe to long because after waiting on the dough for about 10 mins at room temp it was still very hard. I had a hard time getting the dough out of the bowl to roll. The longer I waited the easier it was. Third I baked the first pan for 11 mins. As you said they did not look done but I followed directions and left them on the cookie sheet another 10 mins then to a wire rack. After they we cool I tasted one, it was a bit doughy so I cooked the next batch for 12 1/2 mins which was better. Maybe my balls were to big? And last they were not dark enough they still look like raw dough. That all being said they taste great. The recipe was easy to follow. The hardest part was waiting on the dough to get softer to roll. Again I might have rolled the balls to big cause they stayed puffy. Next time I try these I will make them smaller shorter balls. They are loaded with chocholate threwout the cookie. My husband loves them. Thank you for sharing them.

• Lizzy T says:

Thanks so much for the feedback! We’ve left our dough in the fridge a little too long before, too, and had to let it sit out a bit. These are a lighter cookie and don’t get dark at all. That is actually one of our favorite things about this cookie! I’m so glad you guys enjoyed them!