Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is a layered, sweet, salty and scrumptious dessert dip, packed with sliced apples and pears. It’s one of the best apple recipes for apple picking season!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Once upon a time, I needed to create a recipe using Marzetti’s caramel dip, apples and pears. Instantly, this caramel apple cheesecake dip popped into my mind.
- Crushed graham crackers
- Creamy, sweet no-bake cheesecake
- Marzetti’s caramel dip
- Fluffy, whipped topping
I always bounce my “fabulous ideas” off of Matt, who normally confirms that yes, indeed, they are great. Well, the dessert recipe ideas, anyway. He’s not to picky when it comes to those.
For this certain recipe, however, he was uncertain. Because he loves any type of nut, his suggestion was to put chopped salted peanuts on top of my layered dessert dip. Caramel apples always go with salted peanuts in his mind.
This where my eyebrows raised. Crunchy peanuts polluting my creamy dessert? I’m usually not one to combine textures when it comes to food.
I trusted him. And now we have a new favorite snack. This caramel apple cheesecake dip turned out better than either of us imagined. Matt and I had this devoured in just 24 hours. The kids didn’t even know it was up for grabs before the pie plate was licked clean. Sorry kids, that’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. 🙂
Although this no bake dessert dip is good enough to eat with just a spoon, it’s also the perfect pairing with slices of fresh pears and apples. This also makes the dip a great after school snack for tired kiddos!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip Recipe Tips
The apple pie cheesecake dip recipe itself is very easy. The hardest part of putting it together is making sure not to mess up the graham cracker layer too much when you spoon on the cheesecake. Just put the cheesecake batter in big spoonfuls over the crumbs and gently spread it out to the sides of the pie plate.
The rest comes easy.
And just look at those layers. 🙂 Layers make me happy.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you. One bite and there’s no turning back.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers about 6 halves
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces Marzetti's Old Fashioned Caramel Dip , warmed according to package directions
- 4 ounces whipped topping
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts chopped
- Sliced apples and pears
- Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers on the bottom of a 9" pie plate.
- In a stand mixer, blend the cream cheese and butter together for 1 minute or until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Blend for an additional 1 minute on high speed.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture carefully over the graham crackers.
- Spoon the warmed caramel dip over the cheesecake layer.
- Allow the caramel to cool to room temperature, then spread the whipped topping over the caramel.
- Top with crushed peanuts.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving time. This can be made a day in advance.
- Serve with apple and pear slices.