Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad makes the ideal summer side dish to take advantage of the fresh garden produce. Serve with tortilla chips as a dip, too!
I’ve got another garden fresh recipe for you today. Remember my garden story of the summer? Let me give you an update.
The day after I shared with you about our gigantic garden, we had a massive thunderstorm that put down several inches of rain in a very short amount of time. This heavy rain knocked my pretty tomatoes to the ground. A nocturnal critter started eating our tomatoes, and our plants were dying.
But thankfully we had so many tomatoes that losing a few didn’t so much matter. And anytime we have an excess of tomatoes, I make this corn tomato avocado salsa.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This salsa takes advantage of deliciously fresh garden tomatoes, peppers and fresh corn.
- Gorgeous colors of red, green, purple and yellow.
- Fresh cilantro flavors and a simple sugar-free, lime juice dressing
- Creamy avocado pairs so fabulously with the crunchy veggies.
If you are dreading chopping all of these veggies, you can use our favorite kitchen tool, the Ninja Express Chop. By far our most used kitchen appliance!
- Roma Tomatoes: I love using Roma tomatoes in this recipe because they don’t create a lot of juice. They are meaty and hold their shape.
- Red Onion: Use a sweet onion if you’d like, but I love the color that red onion adds to the salad.
- Jalapeno Pepper & Poblano Pepper: Our pico de gallo has a combination of both of these types of pepper. The poblano adds flavor and the jalapeno adds spice.
- Fresh Corn: Many times when the corn is perfectly fresh, I don’t cook the corn. It is tender and sweet just as it is. If you’d like, you can boil it or grill it slightly, but don’t overcook it. You want the corn to be crisp.
- Avocado: This adds a creaminess that pairs perfectly with the crisp veggies.
Easy Salad Dressing
This easy corn salad dressing is lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic and fresh cilantro. The lime juice gives it a tangy kick and pairs so well with the natural sweetness of the veggies.
Serve this with tortilla chips as a salsa, or just eat it with a spoon, which is what my husband did. Between dinner and lunch the next day, he had this simple salad devoured.
Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad
- 2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped poblano pepper
- 1 1/2 cup fresh corn cut off the cob
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 avocado cut into small pieces
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Other Favorite Salad Recipes
Salads are some of our favorite recipes to make! Whether they are loaded with meat, potatoes, veggies or a combination of all three, you’re sure to find a new one to love.