Colorful and bright, this fresh Vegetarian Taco Salad has all of your favorite vegetables and taco ingredients. Drizzle the salad with a creamy homemade avocado lime dressing. You may also like our strawberry spinach salad.
Vegetarian Taco Salad
If you’re looking for a meatless Monday option for dinner or even a vegetarian taco Tuesday lunch, this beautiful vegetarian taco salad with bright colors and fresh vegetables is sure to make you smile.
Vegetarian Mexican Salad Ingredients
Some of my favorite taco ingredients are in this taco bowl. Fresh lettuce, tomatoes, off-the-cob corn, creamy avocado, black beans for protein and onion.
We added Cotija cheese, which is a hard, crumbly Mexican cheese that you can find in the deli. If you can’t find Cotija cheese, you can substitute Romano or Feta cheese…or even just use sharp cheddar.
Lastly, we top the salad with tri-color tortilla strips for a little crunch. We find these salad toppers in the produce section of our store.
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
If you’ve never made your own homemade salad dressing, you definitely need to give it a try. It’s so much more fresh than bottled dressing and is easier than you think! To make this avocado salad dressing, simply add all of the ingredients to a blender, pulse a few times until it is creamy and you’re ready to drizzle it over your salad. Boom. Done. Easy, right?
Other Salad Recipes
- Frito Taco Salad
- Mexican Layered Salad
- Oriental Chicken Salad
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- Grilled Peach & Bacon Salad
- Steak & Potato Salad
Tools to Make This Recipe
- Ninja Express Chop: Mini food processor…this is one of my most-used kitchen tools!
- Citrus Squeezer: For juicing all of those fresh lemons and limes!
- Herb Keeper: So that your fresh herbs keep a long time in the fridge.
- Herb Scissors: To get perfectly snipped fresh herbs.
Colorful and bright, this fresh Vegetarian Taco Salad has all of your favorite vegetables and taco ingredients. Drizzle the salad with a creamy homemade avocado lime dressing.
- 5 ounces Spring Mix
- 15 ounces Black Beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Ears of Corn (cooked & corn cut off)
- 1/4 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Avocado (chopped)
- 3 Stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro (freshly snipped)
- 1/2 cup Cotija Cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup Tri-Color Tortilla Strips
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Avocado
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Sugar or Stevia optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place spring mix in a large bowl. Add black beans, tomatoes, corn, red onion, avocado, green onion, cilantro, cotija cheese and tortilla strips in a large bowl. Combine.
- To make dressing, add all dressing ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve immediately.
The calories shown are based on the salad serving 4 and all of the dressing being used (divided 4 ways). Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.