These thick, no flour peanut butter oatmeal cookies are full of Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter cups, with some peanuts thrown in for a little crunch!
Before we started this recipe website, I hated nuts. I didn’t even like peanuts very much, which of course is closely related to peanut butter. Now I like a variety of nuts. I like almonds, pistachios, peanuts, and sometimes walnuts. I like to incorporate nuts into my recipes once in awhile, but I’m not going to go as far as saying they’re anything like smooth peanut butter and chocolate.
My dad, however, loves nuts and always wants me to throw some nuts, any kind of nut, in my cookies. I decided to surprise him with some of his favorite cookies, peanut butter oatmeal cookies…nuts included.
Speaking of peanut butter and chocolate, what’s your favorite thing to put in cookies? One of my favorites is Reese’s Pieces. And not only do these peanut butter oatmeal cookies have Reese’s Pieces, but they have my FAVORITE type of candy that consists of peanut butter and chocolate. Yes, you guessed it- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
This fantastic peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe is my mix of Reese’s world and oatmeal-nut world. The peanuts inside along with the Reese’s just makes this cookie a Triple Threat…bursting with peanut butter chocolate goodness. And, you can never go wrong with oats. It makes for a soft, chewy, thick, perfect cookie.
The simplicity of these peanut butter oatmeal makes it stand out. There’s no need to refrigerate the dough before baking. Just whip them up and bake them, and you’ll be eating the crunchy nuttiness, soft oatmeal,peanut butter and chocolate cookie in no time.
They also make a big batch and freeze really well. When you pull these out of the freezer and let them defrost, they’ll be just as soft as if you never had frozen them.
What could be better for a loaded oatmeal cookie lover??
Mmmm…just look how thick those are!
Other Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
- Iced Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Honey Roasted Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies
Reese's Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 9 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
- 2 cups Reese's pieces
- 1 1/4 cups peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, two at a time.
- Stir in the corn syrup and vanilla.
- Mix in baking soda and oats until well blended.
- Stir in the Reese's peanut butter cups, Reese's Pieces and peanuts.
- Use an ice cream scoop to put about 2 inch balls on a cookie sheet. If you like a flat cookie, flatten the dough slightly. If you'd like the cookie thick and rounded, just leave the dough in a ball.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After cooling for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.