Garlic lovers will love these cheesy biscuits. They bake up big, fluffy, soft and full of cheesy garlic flavor!
We’ve posted a lot of bread-type recipes in the past, but I just couldn’t pass up telling you about this one. You’re going to love these Garlic Lover’s Cheesy Biscuits. The warm, garlicky fragrance that flows through the house really makes my mouth water. As soon as Mom took them out of the oven, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them. They are soft, fluffy, and the perfect add-on to any meal.
I may have even eaten one for breakfast!
If you’re wondering why these cheesy, garlic biscuits are bound to be a family favorite, then don’t worry- you’ll figure it out what I’m talking about when you taste these for yourself. Especially if you are a garlic lover. I know I am-and it even gets better when you put cheese inside. These can’t really get much better. They have hit all the check-marks on my list:
Full of cheese and garlic? Check.
My grandpa said these were just as good as Red Lobster’s cheddar biscuits. I can’t speak to that. My family doesn’t love fish that much, so I’ve never been to Red Lobster. If they have rolls like these, though? I may just have to try that restaurant out.
Are you planning out a reason to make these scrumptious biscuits for dinner? My usual reasons are either, “We have chicken, salad, and applesauce. I should make some biscuits!” or just simply, “They’re soooo good. When are we going to make them again?”
Of course we have lots of treats in the house- candy, leftover Christmas cookies, soups, subs, and snacks, but to me, life just feels complete when there is bread baking in the oven.
So are you going to make these biscuits, or keep reading? Because I really don’t have much else to say except for:
Try these soon!
I know you’ll love these!
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk (2% milk or higher, or even Half and Half)
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Mix in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly. Add the buttermilk and mix just until combined. Fold in the shredded cheddar cheese. Spoon the biscuit dough into 9 dough balls in a greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. As soon as the biscuits come out of the oven, brush the tops with the butter mixture.